• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Unveils New Zelda Wii U Title in Development

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote
HD remake of Wind Waker? Instant buy.

New Zelda game? ....give me left handed option or no buy. I boycotted Skyward Sword because of the none left handed option.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
New Zelda game? ....give me left handed option or no buy. I boycotted Skyward Sword because of the none left handed option.

As a fellow lefty, I'd love to see more left friendliness in certain games. (Especially DS games). But in regards to Skyward Sword, this complaint makes little sense. Nothing in that game requires that you use your right hand. I played the whole game with the remote in my left hand and never had a problem. And even if it did, nothing in there requires so much finesse that you can't just play with your right even if it isn't your dominant hand.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
What was the bloody point of releasing an HD system...when they're not even going to take advantage of the HD graphics.

The Wind Waker thing does have HD graphics Confused

It's based on a 10 year old game though, so it's obviously not going to look as good as a new title.

If they actually remade it (as opposed to just remastering it) it easily could.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
So if I heard right, Nintendo is working on both a HD remake of The Wind Waker and an open-world Zelda game w/ online multiplayer elements, yes? Confused
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Do you people realize that the very first Zelda game let you complete some dungeons, or at least start them, in a non-linear order? Non-linearity or just partial linearity is something that will get the series back to its roots, if anything else, and make the new Zelda game less predictable for expert Zelda players.
And as for the multiplayer, anything similar to Four Swords Adventures can only be good, gameplay-wise, but they could also just mean some sort of local collaboration between two players, who knows?

About The Wind Waker, graphics aside I think Nintendo will also integrate in the game the content that was originally cut from it the first time aroudn (they did so since, otherwise, they would not have been able to complete the game in time for the decided deadline).
I hope they'll add the Jabun dungeon and change the spoiler[Triforce pieces collection method], at least. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:

As a fellow lefty, I'd love to see more left friendliness in certain games. (Especially DS games). But in regards to Skyward Sword, this complaint makes little sense. Nothing in that game requires that you use your right hand. I played the whole game with the remote in my left hand and never had a problem. And even if it did, nothing in there requires so much finesse that you can't just play with your right even if it isn't your dominant hand.

I tried it, honestly, I did. And I couldn't play it right handedly. Playing it left handedly was all sorts of awkward so I just gave up. Besides, for me, it's more about the principle. I've always liked Link for his left handedness....being one of the only left handed heroes in the Nintendo franchise made me want to play his games more... but now that he's just like "every other hero", that uniqueness he had that made me buy his games is gone. His right handedness turned me off.

Besides, it Link is supposed to move "just like me" in terms of the wiimote, then a left handed option couldn't be all that hard, could it?

I even bought the gamecube version of Twilight Princess opposed to the Wii version because of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2