• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Get Off My Lawn

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
eely225 wrote:
Wait, Brian doesn't own a hat? Not a stocking cap or anything?

Impressive?

It is Arizona, so if your statutory options are one of those mini-golf-umbrella hats or nothing at all, it's really not that hard of a choice.
Ahren wrote:
The first is dvd volume 6 of Welcome to the NHK

Do what I did, call Best Buy, and they can help you out. The website is junk for OOP titles, but there were actually at least half a dozen copies in the greater DC area. Or you can listen to the website and visit Atlanta, upstate New York, or the midwest (back when I had checked a little over two years ago.)
doctordoom85 wrote:
In terms of elusive DVDs/manga, Cardcaptor Sakura obviously for anime,

*weep* AMEN! *weep*
...Makes for a good answer to this week's question. Though at 15 volumes, a nice master-quality 4 or 5-BD release would be a little gentler on the shelf space. Anyone looking to further thin the thin-paks down to 6-discs need not apply.
gwern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Unfortunately, Funimation is likely to lose that bet. I'd be eager to eat my hat if I'm wrong (Luckily for me, I don't even own a hat! rimshot), but the category for Best Animated Feature this year is tough.

And indeed, _Summer Wars_ failed to get the nod.

(FWIW, I agreed with your prediction it wouldn't be nominated: http://predictionbook.com/predictions/2155 . Not happy about it, though.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4