• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SyFy to Start Chrono Crusade in February

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
Meh. I haven't watched anime on Scifi since I realized they were cutting about three or four minutes from every episode so they could get in more commercials.

That...tends to happen with any show on TV. It's not exactly a big deal when you're getting to tune in for free, especially not when there'll be DVDs for watching it without those minutes cut.

Anyway, I hate to parrot those before me, but I agree that the manga of this is soooo much better than the anime. But, the anime is still pretty good for what it is, and has an amazing cast. It's great to see a FUNi anime (it's theirs now anyway) get on SyFy, so let's hope more makes it on there soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
This seems to be an interesting choice for SyFy. It's more Fantasy, imo. BUT I do like the fact that something new is going to be airing.

And like others have said, hopefully this will be a beautiful friendship between SyFy and Funi.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
Pretty cool news, I hope it does very well. It's a few years old, but it's a great series that I've seen a few times now.

Certainly not one I ever thought would be aired on US TV, so this is pretty cool. I'd like to see SciFi get some other appropriate things....maybe some Darker Than Black, next? Come on, SciFi. You know you wanna!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I just got a box set for this from rightstuf for around 30 bucks. I guess it must be the old ADV release. Good show but I can't imagine it on U.S. television, I should start checking out Syfy more.
Schroecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it's great to see some decent anime series getting some tv screen time again.

Of course, Syfy need to show something, since they don't do much Sci-fi anymore.
javeska

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Nineofclubs wrote:
Now i can watch it for my 11th time through. =)

spoiler[ I saw nothing wrong with the ending even if it was kinda sad, then again the people who seem to have a problem with it are the manga fans (which i havnt read) so yeah. I like the ending it's bittersweet in a poetic sort of way.]

Actually, I'm a huge fan of the manga and I'm on the fence about which ending I prefer. Each of them have different elements that I love and make my cry.

Maybe this will rekindle some interest in the fanfiction.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote
bmt528i wrote:
I just got a box set for this from rightstuf for around 30 bucks. I guess it must be the old ADV release. Good show but I can't imagine it on U.S. television, I should start checking out Syfy more.

Well, as others have pointed out, this is actually it's second tv run in the US. It aired on Showtime Beyond a few years back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4