• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon Fantasy Novels Get TV Anime By Satelight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Right, SAO isn't shit because its not unique, its shit because its horribly written trash.

Opinions, opinions everywhere. Personally I think horizon is sh** due the balloon sized breast on every female character aside from your generic flat chested with a breast complex character while I like SAO for what it was.

On topic this sounds like rip-off to me from the premises alone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* Anime industry becoming more like Hollywood - studio comes out with a premise, other studios follow so soon afterwards.................
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
SAO is basically .hack, so no one can really be bothered by something copying SAO when it basically copies from something else.

Honestly .hack// and SAO aren't that similar, at all. Especially .hack//SIGN.

Quote:
Opinions, opinions everywhere. Personally I think horizon is sh** due the balloon sized breast on every female character aside from your generic flat chested with a breast complex character while I like SAO for what it was.

Which basically demonstrates you either didn't actually watch Horizon or are so INCENSED by breasts that it impeded your cognitive ability while watching it.

Last edited by Fencedude5609 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
*sigh* Anime industry becoming more like Hollywood - studio comes out with a premise, other studios follow so soon afterwards.................

There was no real robot explosion after Gundam. There was no super robot explosion after Mazinger Z.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Yes, this has totally never, ever happened in the anime/manga/LN industry before. Nope. Not at all!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Based on the summaries from the link. The players are not trapped in the game, but summoned to a different world that's a combination of the game and real world (game mechanics are still in effect, so dying is impossible).

Hikikomori adventuring in medieval fantasy Akihabara sounds like it could be fun. I will probably buy the books on my next trip to Japan.

Hmm, that sounds like it could be interesting, and would set it apart a bit from Sword Art Online. I've been enjoyed Maoyu so far so I'll want to give this series a shot.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
SAO is basically .hack, so no one can really be bothered by something copying SAO when it basically copies from something else.

Honestly .hack// and SAO aren't that similar, at all. Especially .hack//SIGN.

Quote:

Which basically demonstrates you either didn't actually watch Horizon or are so INCENSED by breasts that it impeded your cognitive ability while watching it.

It's a harem mecha anime with some plot then "PLOT" to help sell the series. I gave the show a chance, I liked the premises but just gave up five episodes in. It's not my cup of tea, maybe I'll marathon it someday when I get the time but you can not ignore it's flaws.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

It's a harem mecha anime

no, no it is not. try again
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

It's a harem mecha anime

Well, its an anime, so you've got 1 out of three right.

It is probably not a "mecha anime", though it does contain mecha, so I guess it depends on how precisely you define the genre.

Harem though? It is not even remotely a harem. The entire point of the first season is the male lead wants to confess to the girl he loves, and ends up starting a world war in the process.

Not to mention the at least half-dozen other committed couples.
Lost_Shy_One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
I guess that the whole concept of being trapped inside a video game will become cliche sooner or later....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3