• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DBZ uncut on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
Uh, yes? It's in a harmless context that way, afterall.
humdinger70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
wha?

guess funimation's trying to clean up their image. so what is their definition of uncut? i still can't see how much they're gonna be able to get away with on Toonami.

Well, so far, CN is getting away with a lot. I've seen the first 5 episodes and they are uncut (and pretty much "unedited" too!). Some pretty bloody episodes so far, including where Raditz dies. It definitely rates the 'TV-PG' rating (FYI, Inuyasha has the same, so a lot can be gotten away with there).

How can I tell? I've been following along at this web site: http://dbzuncensored.dbzoa.net

The owner of which stopped updating it a long time ago, but it's still there (big help for those who don't have the DVD set) and gives a large breakdown in what was shown by Saban during the 53 episode run and the stuff that was censored/eliminated for various reasons. It's amazing how much stuff we missed.

A key moment was, in episode 5, the introduction of Vegeta. I knew about the wrong hair and uniform colors, but I wanted to hear how the voice was. I wanted to hear how Chris Sabat's voice would be, and it pretty much was dead on from the later episodes of DBZ/DBGT.

So I suggest we all sit back and enjoy - there's going to be lots of new things to talk about!
humdinger70

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote
An intersting point was reached in last night's episode (episode 9 or 10, I'm not sure which), where Goku falls off Snake Way.

Would he fall into the Home for Infinite Losers (HFIL)? or would he fall into...you know where...

Guess what? THEY...GOT...IT...RIGHT.

The shirts on the two ogres (Goz and Mez) said... HELL. No fooling around, no messing around, just straight H-E-L-L. Maybe some language has been changed (a "sh*t" changed to a "darn" once in while), but now it's confirmed, you're seeing (pretty much) the real DBZ as it was shown in Japan.

Even Launch and Upa (sp??) and his father (the two who live at the base of Korin tower) from the original DB make an appearance.
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I did actually get around to seeing an episode maybe a week or so ago, and tried to pick out the parts that may have been edited. It did get entertaining at some times. Probably the scene where Goku (I think) was pissing on the rock would have been cut...I'd like to see more of this "uncut" stuff. They should stick a few episodes of YGO on their lineup, I'm curious to see what it really is like.
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote
humdinger70 wrote:
The shirts on the two ogres (Goz and Mez) said... HELL. No fooling around, no messing around, just straight H-E-L-L. Maybe some language has been changed (a "sh*t" changed to a "darn" once in while), but now it's confirmed, you're seeing (pretty much) the real DBZ as it was shown in Japan.

It's just unfortunate that Funimation didn't actually use the word "Hell" in the dialogue. They called Hell the "place below the clouds" or something, but not Hell directly. They seem to be very wary of putting any naughty words in the dub, even the uncut version.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:00 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
It's just unfortunate that Funimation didn't actually use the word "Hell" in the dialogue. They called Hell the "place below the clouds" or something, but not Hell directly. They seem to be very wary of putting any naughty words in the dub, even the uncut version.

Maybe it was an over sight, but who cares. Razz But it's good to see Lanch in Z, even though she fell pray to "slowing down the pace".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4