• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey: Webcomics

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
In Firefox and Chrome, signed in or no, all I see for results are a handful of "1 out of 2" bars (and they don't even include my selections). Other results pages give me reasonable histograms. Do I have to wait for the survey to close before I get a real histogram?
Cait

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you can only add one comic to the list from the Other option, lest you add a long list of new titles as one selection. They should clean that up. I do wish the option to add more than one new webcomic existed, but as I already voted on this survey I wouldn't be able to add any more new titles anyway.
the skinny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I've been a frequent reader of Least I Could Do, Aoi House, and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

My bud started up a webcomic a while back called White Hot Pudding that was pretty damn funny, but has been on hiatus for a while now Sad
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a problem keeping up with Anime News Nina because I come to the front page of this site every day and see it in the sidebar when there's a new one. But I agree about this part...

dtm42 wrote:
But you know what I really want? Merchandise. Seriously people, I bought xkcd posters and shipped them all the way to New Zealand, I would do the same for Anime News Nina as well. I'd even buy T-shirts, like a replica or what Kevin wears, or something with Nina's mug on the front. Don't laugh, I'm being serious here.

Back when the strip had Nina and Kevin watching Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX, I do remember thinking, "I'd love to have a T-shirt of that."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I read a lot of webcomics. My favorites are The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, Monster Pulse, Homestuck, OGLAF (which I won't link due to NSFW), Saturday Morning Breakfast Ceral (which is better then xkcd will ever be), GastroPhobia, and Broodhollow

Love me some webcomics.

Least I Could Do is probably the single most grotesque thing ever to be put on the internet. Smug, self-important, misogyny at its worst.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I have a handful of titles that I follow: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, XKCD, JL8, C+H, Selkie and until it went inactive last year, Blip was easily my favorite webcomic.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote
If you have a problem with the survey - especially with some options having multiple titles listed in them - please put it here.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
It looks like "other" only shows up if you are signed in. And it seems to be being added in without any human intervention, which leads to long lists of multiple comics being entered as single menu items.

Yeah, I've cleaned up that mess.
HandGrave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Last post here but I really should have remembered this one.

UltiMan by Jeff Beckman is a webcomic that has an overlap with the anime crowd.

It's about a Tokusatsu star has-been, the twist being he actually fought kaiju in the past. It's really a midlife crisis story taking on the setting, but it's all lovingly done. Beckman's minimalistic style and grounded story telling with a dash of crazy, make for a fun read.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I've only ever read two webcomics, and the only one of those I'm currently keeping up with (XKCD) isn't episodic.
The other, my first, was Megatokyo - and I started that via the book rather than the web (the original Ironcat one, which is why I dated my webcomic reading to 10 years ago. Which puts me rather lower than the current average of 100-odd years).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3