• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tenchi Muyo! OVA Series BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Anime_Otaku35 wrote:
I'm curious why the English dub version of Here Comes Jurai Part 2 wasn't included in this release. All that is available is Japanese w/English subs, despite it being available on the Pioneer DVDs for years. Confused

Really? Wow thats messed up...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Anime_Otaku35 wrote:
I'm curious why the English dub version of Here Comes Jurai Part 2 wasn't included in this release. All that is available is Japanese w/English subs, despite it being available on the Pioneer DVDs for years. Confused

That bit of news just made my original discs that much more valuable.
jibrilmudo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
There was another reason Ryouko didn't complete her mission on Jurai and that had to do with spoiler[the Goddess Tsunami. who entered into Ryouko's mind to stop her breaking into the "Jurai Holy Tree". This caused Ryouko to freeze in her tracks outside the doors of the tree. The exchange between her and Tsunami awakened realisations inside her mind that had been suppressed by Kagato's raising and training, which confused her to the point of near insanity. That is when she escaped in Ryo-Ohki, chased by Yousho in his ship Funaho, ending up on Earth to fight her final battle with him here.]

Actually I think that was Goddess Washu. Although Tsunami did talk with Washu-possessed Ryoko in the tree sanctuary.

BTW Mohawk, did you post on the AIC forums back in the day?
Anime_Otaku35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
nhat wrote:
Anime_Otaku35 wrote:

That bit of news just made my original discs that much more valuable.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't sell my old DVDs when I upgraded.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
jibrilmudo wrote:

Actually I think that was Goddess Washu. Although Tsunami did talk with Washu-possessed Ryoko in the tree sanctuary.
spoiler[Washu was captive in stasis aboard Kagato's ship at that time. It was Tsunami as was was also saving Sasami from death at the same time she intercepted Ryouko. Another reason for stopping her. ]

Quote:
BTW Mohawk, did you post on the AIC forums back in the day?
But of course. Wink
jibrilmudo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
But of course. Wink

Yeah, I recognize you, I think, if you're using the same name as back then Smile

I really think the True Tenchi Novels showed/implied that it was Washu that stopped Ryoko. Not talking about human Washu, but the "voice in the gems" that overtook Ryoko and started talking with Tsunami.

Tsunami-kami has been shown to exist in several places as once, so I wouldn't be surprised the same with Washu-kami.

I'll look for the synopsis in the meantime.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
jibrilmudo wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
But of course. Wink

Yeah, I recognize you, I think, if you're using the same name as back then Smile

I really think the True Tenchi Novels showed/implied that it was Washu that stopped Ryoko. Not talking about human Washu, but the "voice in the gems" that overtook Ryoko and started talking with Tsunami.

Tsunami-kami has been shown to exist in several places as once, so I wouldn't be surprised the same with Washu-kami.

I'll look for the synopsis in the meantime.
Yes, that's what what I was trying not to spoil though. I have those novels as well. Laughing
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

People will assign the harem label to any anime or manga that has more than one female showing the most faint interest in the male lead, and vice-versa,
Or heck, as seen with K-On!, people will assign the harem label to any show with an arbitrarily high number of female cast members, even if there isn't a single significant male character in the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4