• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I’ve seen up to episode 4 of Trinity Blood. I’ve had episode 5 for a week now, and I just don’t have the motivation to watch it. I’m finding this series to be very boring so far. Sure, the animation is good, but not great, and the characters have been done before in many other anime, so I’m not finding any of them exceptionally interesting. As someone else stated, I feel like I’m watching Vampire-Vash the Stampede traipsing around in a Hellsing type anime. I'm in love with the Hellsing manga, and the anime was ok, so it’s not like I have some kind of preexisting bias against series like this, but I just can’t get into Trinity Blood. I’ll stick with it for perhaps 3-4 more episodes, and if it doesn’t pick up by then, I’m giving up on it.
philg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Is Trinity Blood a dark series like Berserk or Hellsing?? From the plot it does seem a lot like the anime of Hellsing and I ruined my appetite for dark vampire series because I watch Hellsing, Blood: The Last Vampire and Berserk (although it's not vampire, I always compare the two for some reason) all one after another and they just seemed to cross each others likeableness out. Although I loved Hellsing, I don't think I could watch another anime series this year... although I'm going to see the first episode of Trinity Blood soon because my friend just got it.. Confused
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:46 am Reply with quote
Well I got to say I am definetly into Trinity Blood, (for now) I really enjoy the characters thus far. Although I would of like spoiler[to see the villan from (What I think was) eps 3 and 4 survive so that some sort of storyline/arc can begin. Because I got about two or so more epsoides before I am going to need something to latch onto.] So far this show feels like speed grapher with the typical bad guy of the week feel. I am willing to give this show a chance because A) Monster has not had a new show in like a week or two and I need my fix, B) I enjoy vampire show and I need something and I wait for new Blood the last vampire and Hellsing. C) Nothing this summer actually looks enjoyable.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I need help in finding Trinity Blood, I heard about it and it seems pretty cool and something I would like to check out. I know its out in Japan now but is it in the U.S. yet? If not where can I find it? Question I'm pretty clueless at times so any info I get I'd be really thankful 4 it.
Arkard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately Trinity: Blood is available only on fansubbs, and any kind of talk concerning ways to obtain fansubbs has been deemed as illegal on the ANN forum.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
How can people not like Trinity Blood?! Mad The vampires look like J-rockers! And they have a robot priest who says "positive!" That lady cardinal has a hilariously huge hat! And the Pope is a cute young guy! This is the best vampire-gothic anime parody -- no, the best anime parody, period -- of the last five years~!

(open cheek, insert tongue)
balla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote
I'd thought i'd update this thread a bit since I am at eps 10 right now I am curious as to what people think of this show up to this point as most post in this thread were up to eps 5. I must say the show has picked up and i love it at this point after a boring beginging it has really hooked me.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
I finished it some time ago, and it did pick up a little and became a bit less boring, but for me, it was still pretty forgettable overall. So much more could have been done with this series; it's kind of a shame it ended up so mediocre.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
Sweet, especially since Adult Swim will be airing it in a couple of months, so I'll have another easily accesible anime to watch. I hear Colleen Clinkenbeard will be one of the english dub actresses for the main cast, so I have hopes for this one! And vampires are one of the fascinations of mine, as well as many other fantasy and horror things, so Trinity Blood is defintely on my "to see" list... I look forward to it...
halochief_90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm, of coarse, watching the show on Razor, (we got it before the US!) so I've only watched the first two episodes. I really like the animation, the main character is kind of odd though, personality wise (I can't explain it). The premise of "a species who preys off other vampires" is pretty cool, but I don't really like the fact that it's an episodic series, I enjoy the continuous ones story's better. I can still enjoy episodic series' though. With all that said, it's definitely a series you will want to try before buying, or try before throwing it down the drain too.
balla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I can understand the complain with Abel at times but i still don't know why some of you bash the series so much maybe in the final 13 eps i will see what has upset so many.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to seeing Trinity Blood but I hope that I'm able to give it a bigger chance than I did Eureka 7. I stopped watching that after the third episode on Cartoon Network. I probably should have kept watching for a couple more episodes but when the first two don't grab me off the bat...why should I continue?
Vortextk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
I totally agree with cardcaptor on this one. I watched this and Shakugan no Shana within a few weeks of eacother. Both looked good and both left me feeling bored. Everything seemed so average and dull. I don't care for super high tech vampire stuff anyway. Hellsing and VHD:Bloodlust are the two things I've liked most with vampires. Technology, but it's not ALL about technology.

The political aspect of this show just..lost me. I didn't care. And Abel seemed like Vash but still turned me off. I like Vash but Abel...I guess Abel was dealing with so many more things, his stupidity was annoying. Vash only dealt with minor villains until the end of the series; Abel is trying to keep the world balanced but still acts like a fool.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing Trinity Blood but I hope that I'm able to give it a bigger chance than I did Eureka 7. I stopped watching that after the third episode on Cartoon Network. I probably should have kept watching for a couple more episodes but when the first two don't grab me off the bat...why should I continue?

Well, don't forget E7 is 50 episodes long and most series of that lengh start out slow. Also unlike TB its not based around a concept ( vampires, church, vapire-eating vampires working for the church ) but more around a plot and the rich world it happens in so it needs to cover more ground as far as worldbuilding and character detail.

I very strongly suggest you keep wathching, its truly a wonderful anime.

Last edited by Pleroma on Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quote
Yes indeed, Eureka 7 is the first series since Outlaw Star that has gripped me into watching it religiously from episode one on Cartoon Network. Trinity Blood defintely sounds interesting, and anything liscenced by Funimation and ADV is worth checking out for me... so yeah...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2