• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anti-Sale Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow, other Firefighter Daigo fans exist? I do know one on MAL, but I do mean "one", so knowing more exist is amazing! I actually got most of the series for free due to connections. Wish I'd waited on getting volume 20 at a con where they seem oddly plentiful instead of online (it's the most I ever paid for a single volume of manga, yet I can't call it a mistake as volume 20 was amazing and I did get most of the series for free or very cheap). Makes me sad to see none of them seem to leave the con at the end of the day.
@Raji-I do have the entire series. 1/4th of the books are ex-library, and they don't even look like they were rented more than a couple of times. IF you ask me, doesn't even look like it did well at the damn libraries!

Yeah, RACS reminds me of Tokyopop, we all feel bad for the guys working an actual job there behind the scenes, but their CEO is just so accustomed to shooting themselves in the foot and running around like a maniacal mad man that it makes us want to avoid them.

Actually, I'm shocked he hasn't found out we've said anything bad about him and come over, I'm sure he has an ANN account, and given how important he finds it to complain personally to everyone who doesn't like him...clearly it seems to be more important than running a business. He'll call it a personal attack and say "we don't know him", but based on the posts he makes, he wants us all to see him as a troll. If you don't want people to think you're a troll, then don't act like one, Robert.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
He'll call it a personal attack and say "we don't know him", but based on the posts he makes, he wants us all to see him as a troll. If you don't want people to think you're a troll, then don't act like one, Robert.

I always found that hilarious when he pulls the "You don't know me!!!" card. Right......
Robert's Anime Corner Store (RACS) wrote:
If that's unprofessional, too bad. Coming off as a 'douche'? Hey, you can suck it man! Smile

Please sell stupid somewhere else.

It seems some ass$#%@ felt it necessary to post a little blurb over at Fandom

I dunno Robert.....you made it pretty clear to us on what kind of personality you have. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
A new copy of the 98' DVD release of Tenchi The Movie 2 - Daughter of Darkness is listed for a whopping $1867.94 on Amazon.

Its the deal of a lifetime, considering used copies of the same release start at $2.23, while the Signature Series re-release is $20 new, and the Movie Trilogy box goes for about $30 Rolling Eyes

Last edited by doubleO7 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
...and Funimation will be re-releasing them pretty soon on BD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Just found this on Amazon. Just released this year and he expects that kind of money? What a fellow. Laughing

Wait a minute, looks like this guy does plenty of overcharging on anime. Here are some more examples:

Ga-Rei Zero
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
Tales of Vesperia
One Piece Collection 6
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:

Is Viz letting Inuyasha go OOP like Ranma 1/2? I'm just wondering is all. Or is that one of the better selling titles? Like how Funimation has DBZ, YYH, and such?
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:

Is Viz letting Inuyasha go OOP like Ranma 1/2? I'm just wondering is all. Or is that one of the better selling titles? Like how Funimation has DBZ, YYH, and such?

I'm guessing that Viz is going to relaunch those titles as part of their next batch of Blu-ray releases. I don't think they've exhausted the entire InuYasha fanbase yet.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:

Well, they ARE all Limited Editions, and still sealed as well. So, a high price does make sense...
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:

I'm guessing that Viz is going to relaunch those titles as part of their next batch of Blu-ray releases. I don't think they've exhausted the entire InuYasha fanbase yet.

Does Japan even have Blu-ray releases of Inuyasha seasons 1-7 and the movies?
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Are we allowed to post when we get to actually win against anti-sales? I was at local movie/game trade in store, where I managed to snag a copy of the Patlabor: Original Series Collection for $25. It's currently going for $99-$150 on Amazon...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Are we allowed to post when we get to actually win against anti-sales? I was at local movie/game trade in store, where I managed to snag a copy of the Patlabor: Original Series Collection for $25. It's currently going for $99-$150 on Amazon...

Nice score!
jlaking

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
19 anime series for $2500 because he/she told that their collection was worth $3800.

Quote:
-The Galaxy Railways
-Basilisk
-Gunslinger Girl Series #1
-Escaflowne + movie
-Samurai Gun
-Street Fighter - Series
- Series 2 animated series
- Alpha
- Alpha Generations
-Kitty Grade
-Burst Angel - missing Disc 2
-Ah my goddess - Series #1 + #2
-Gundam Wing + Endless Waltz
-Mobile suit Gundam - The 08th MS Team
-Mobile suit Gundam 0080 - War in the Pocket
-Mobile suit Gundam 0083 - Stardust Memory
-Mobile suit Gundam - Zeta Gundam
- Double Zeta
- Chars Counterattack
-Mobile suit Gundam - Original Series
-Gundam Seed + Movie #1 - The Empty Battlefield
+ Movie #2 - The Rumbling Sky
+ Movie #3 - The Far Away Dawn
-Gundam Seed Destiny + Movie #1 - Shattered World
+ Movie #2 - Their Respective Swords
+ Movie #3 - Flames of Destiny
+ Final Plus
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I saw that ad too and almost posted it here. What a tool. I wonder if he/she will find someone dumb enough to pay that price.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Did Bandai really bring ZZ over, or is that guy selling a boot?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 33