• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Problem Children Novels' Weekly Sales Quadruple After Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Not everything KyoAni touches is going to be gold

That's another thing I'm not getting, this idea that Little Busters would've been any better or worse, just because KyoAni worked on it.

Well, its not exactly a huge leap of faith to say it would have looked better. That's a certainty. And Little Busters probably lost some sales as a result, whether from spite ("No KyoAni, no buy") or from any loss of quality or perceived flaws from going with a "lesser" studio.

Personally, I think the show is not very good and that its mainly a source material problem. Could KyoAni have made a better adaptation and paved over those problems better? Maybe. But since we probably won't see adaptations from both, we're unlikely to ever be able to say for sure. How this effects sales is likewise left purely to speculation. It's hard to imagine this is having a significant impact though. Most people aren't that stupid and most Key/LitBus fans will buy it anyway.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
Little Busters would have been far better with KyoAni. I felt that the visual novel of LB was better than Clannad, yet Clannads anime adaption is far better since KyoAni knows how to adapt VNs well plus they do the best animation in the industry. The JC Staff adaption of LB is badly animated and done by someone who doesn't seem to know how to adapt a VN, since they are just throwing in all the scenes together without any kind of cohesiveness.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
How this effects sales is likewise left purely to speculation. It's hard to imagine this is having a significant impact though. Most people aren't that stupid and most Key/LitBus fans will buy it anyway.

It has less than half the sales of Clannad while both Clannad and Little Busters had about the same amount of sales and reception in Japan (if you count all the re-releases). The difference in sales if this was KyoAni is very noticeable to me.

It would probably be similar to the difference in Kanon sales...

Kanon 2002 (Toei) - 8k average
Kanon 2006 (KyoAni) - 18k average
Clodus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
You guys are getting off topic. This is a thread directly relating to Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru soudesuyo? Anything else is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the news article. Take your arguments elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5