• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Captain Harlock Sci-Fi Anime's Remake to Open This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'll be the first one to say it, but I have never seen the original Captain Harlock since it was well beyond my time.

however, I would much like to see this Very Happy
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
I'm curious how good this CG film will hold up, I can tell from the preview that it's going to be epic, which is fine as long as it also reflects the original series then I can totally seeing this being a good idea for a CG film. Cause those who seen the original series will know that it's very well written and has very appealing characters.

I do like it when a vintage anime is revived with either a new film or tv series as a way to bring back nostalgia to those who remenbered it or to introduce it to a younger audience.
Bunnyrabbit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
It seems like it's going to combine elements from SPCH, Endless Odyssey, and the obscure-outside-of-Japan manga Diver Zero (which is where Miime's elf-like appearance in the trailer comes from.) From what I've read, I've gotten the impression that they are going to try and release this theatrically here.
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I love Harlock and I'd love to see something like this get a theatrical release. I mean, people will go see a CG movie like Rise of the Guardians, so why not space pirates?
Also, Discotek's release of the '78 series comes this year. Its a great time to be a classic anime fan.
Anyways, definitely can't wait to see this. Looks great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3