• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - My Manga Review Column Can't Be This Cute

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Are Kasuga and Nakamura really heroes of free expression and non-conformity ...

Reading this series and expecting the characters to be anything resembling heroes is completely missing the point. That's like reading American Psycho and asking, "Are we really supposed to be rooting for Patrick Bateman?"
StormSky92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
"My Manga Review Column Can't Be This Cute"

I laughed and threw up all at the same time when I read that title.

Last edited by StormSky92 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pleinair92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I was incredibly disappointed with Mahou Sensei Negima's ending, though I can easily understand why Ken Akamatsu did it.
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
They just chat with each other embarrassedly and go their separate ways, thus bringing that storyline to a weak, suspended resolution.

I was about to say "It's not over yet between those two. Far from over and not weak in the slightest". Then I realized "suspended" was there. Yeah. "suspended" is a good way to put it.

>Sees Kuroneko on the cover of volume 2.
>Kuroneko hardly appears at all.
blackmokona

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I say, has Mr Santos read AKB49? It's a riot. Maybe I'll submit that a review of that next time.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
I am sorry to read that Eric P was so dissapointed with the Kare Kano manga. It remains one of my favorites to this day, still. I agree that the anime ending was not as bad as most make it out to be, after reading the manga you get a better appreciation of it too, I think. I can sympathize with how he feels about the darker arcs and agree that it could have been better, But I don't think it is as bad as he represents it as. Also, the ending he puts forth as creepy I find to be rather cute, I guess I am weird. You also get a proper end to most if not all the characters with the manga, which is greatly appreciated by me. Tsubasa's arc was kinda neat, as was Sakura's.

I don't think, overall, it was fair to give such a wholly negative review of the manga. Boo Eric P! But then again, this is one of my favorite manga and I hate seeing it so blatantly trashed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1