• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Yoshika Miyafuji

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 am Reply with quote
I've never been a big fan of fix-posed static figures/statues, the money-to-entertainment ratio just doesn't work for me. If it doesn't do anything then whether I own it or it's a picture on my monitor is all the same to me. I need at least basic 5 or 10-point articulation or better and some nice accessories to make the purchase worth it which is probably why I basically only buy Transformers and figma (and the occasional Revoltech) these days. The only exceptions I make are gashapon, trading figures, and prize figures. The prize figures have been really great lately, especially the stuff from Sega and Banpresto (FuRyu really needs to work on face sculpts...). As long as I can get nice 1/8 prize figures for 1500yen I see no need to pay 5000yen.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
h8GWB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
I do my best to ALWAYS make fun of Strike Witches for being nothing but OMGWTFLOLHUH bizzare fan-fetishism.

But, then again, my favorite Evangelion character is now Mari "Meganekko" "Illustrious" Makinami....

..Yeah

BTW, EFF U MAX FACTORY/GOODSMILE COMPANY/WHATEVER for not also restocking the original Nagato Yuki nor Tsuruya figmas! /(>n<)\

Last edited by h8GWB on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
loka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
This is of the best-looking action figures reviewed in the column. Thanks for choosing it.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
My preference lies on static figures. I wouldn't bother moving them around either way.

PetrifiedJello wrote:
Of course, maybe one day you'll get a windfall and splurge on a Azone doll which looks strikingly like Fate Testarossa from Nanoha (and looks good to boot).

Oh, Nanoha. Every figure from that franchise is overpriced. I've already developed an instinct to automatically ignore them, and I haven't even been around figures for that long!

davecabrera wrote:
I assume that by "high-quality figures" we are talking about static PVCs. I don't personally have anything against PVC figures: I own a couple and I plan to buy this one for myself when it comes out.

Just pre-ordered that one. Razz Good looking figure is just... good looking. Ami Ami has it for 9.4k yen, btw.

As for reviewing static figures... I found this site rather interesting. What attracted me the most was the original image mixed in with the many angles.. revealing certain parts that even the official images (which are many) didn't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2