• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Staff Still Planning More After 3 Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
SuperVegetto, you were out of line with both your last comment and the previous one that triggered the nasty response. Any further attacks of that sort will be removed and risk escalating consequences.

rockman nes, your response to SuperVegetto was also out of line. Comments like that, whether justified or not, only stir up trouble.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
hey morons, stop with the excessive quoting, or Tony K is gonna have a cow
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. All that quoting is starting to look like an optical illusion.

SuperVegetto, first let me go back to an earlier comment of yours. You said that people were being "spoiled" by this adaptation. I'd just like to ask what you meant by that, because usually when someone is called "spoiled" that means that they've lived a good life and don't know how it is to struggle.

That's just a minor thing. Not really a big deal.

Then, you said "What about the people who didn't read the manga?" Well, their opinion of Berserk is not colored by previous knowledge, so their opinion of the film may not match up totally with yours. They may think it wasn't good, but they're not putting it under such a microscope as you have.

I know people hate to have the book "ruined (it's not ruined; it's still there)" by adaptations, but this is not a wildly varying adaptations. I could understand the rage if the entire voice cast was gender swapped, and it was all chibi, and the events were totally out of order.

It's only a little different than the manga, no? It has the basics down, so would the movies really scare potential readers off in droves?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SuperVegetto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm talking about the people who watch the movie, have some things spoiled so even if they read the manga later (which they may not, and believe this trilogy to be all there is to the arcs it adapted) they will know the most major things that are going to happen.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Can they go back to normal animation, please?

And for god's sake make Hirasawa compose the entire soundtrack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
hey morons, stop with the excessive quoting, or Tony K is gonna have a cow

Having a cow would imply getting over-the-top angry and feeling annoyed. I deleted the posts and was neither angry nor annoyed. Because deletion is as simple as a click of a mouse.
MorningStra

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
it's been a year and 3 months, and tell we haven't seen anything yet?!! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
In the Opening sequences of the 3 movies you can see Isidro, Puck, Farny, Serpico, Schierke & Guts in the Berserker Armour so i would assume that it means they do intend on continuing.
isamu99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:22 am Reply with quote
Hi guys Smile

Any new news or rumors regarding them continuing Berserk in animated form? As someone who is unable to read manga or any sort of text(due to eye problems), I'd really like to see it animated in it's entirety one of these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3