• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where do you spend most of your anime [related] budget?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do you spend most of your anime budget?
DVD
53%
 53%  [ 88 ]
BD
8%
 8%  [ 14 ]
Manga
23%
 23%  [ 39 ]
Novels
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Figures
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Games
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Others
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 165

Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
DVDs and BDs by far, especially since I've started importing. I was into manga for a short while (I think I have like 50-80 volumes) but anime is where my heart is. I never really got into figures because too many of them look toyish to me with the joints and movable arms. They're like action figure toys, plus I'd rather spend the money on anime. I want to start collecting body pillows (one day I got the idea that I should collect something kinda embarrassing and this was best and legalest thing I could think ok) but it's hard to find ones that I want because they sell out so quick, they're a little costly (anything that cost more than anime is costly to me) and I refuse to buy anything that i consider to be artistic used or second hand.

I laugh at the idea that collecting DVD/BDs is stupid. Your figures are stupid, nah nah nah boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.
victor viper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote
Lately, most of my hobby budget goes to figures. With the current dollar/yen exchange rate, one scaled figure will be equivalent to about 6 domestic volumes of manga, or about 2 half-season sets of anime/blu-ray discs. Also, buying figures and character goods might be the most efficient way to tell companies what I personally am willing to shell out cash for.
buger98346

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote
This might be a little extreme but I am a Microsoft software developer who spends way to much on anime, to the extent I own every anime on DVD that's been released each season for the past 6 years, and then usually one model/plushy/poster for each series. I don't care if I hated the series I'll still buy it to give money to the production company's and there artist. I spend a $10,000 minimal per a year on anime! I'm even a part timer for an online anime store.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4