• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quote
TRSI/Critical Mass Video's re-releases of Night Shift Nurses are mis-numbered as to which episodes they contain. Currently:

Night Shift Nurses: Head Nurse (episodes 1 & 2)
Night Shift Nurses: RN's Revenge (episodes 3 & 4)
Night Shift Nurses: Clinical Confessions (episodes 6 & 7—this is correct)
Night Shift Nurses: Carnal Corruption (episodes 8 & 9—this is correct)

The actual breakdown is episodes 1–3, 4 & 5, 6 & 7, and 8 & 9 (source: "Night Shift Nurses Discussion *SPOILERS*"), the same as the CPM/Anime 18 discs. TRSI/CMV's reissues of CPM/A18 discs are literally identical to the originals, with the exception of the packaging—see the "18+ Only: Critical Mass Video Announces Anime 18's NIGHT SHIFT NURSES: HEAD NURSE DVD for January 5, 2010" thread:
Quote:
Critical Mass Video is pleased to present the Anime 18 DVD release of...

Also, the undated Night Shift Nurses: Clinical Confessions seems to be a duplicate or a mistake—a search for the UPC does not yield anything useful.

Edit: The second comment on the Encyclopedia entry needs to be corrected to reflect the above information.
Quote:
Night Shift Nurses: RN's Revenge is episodes 3-5, Night Shift Nurses: Clinical Confessions is episodes 6-7 and Night Shift Nurses: Carnal Corruption is episodes 8-9 of Night Shift Nurses. Episode 10 has not yet been released in North America.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
Fixed the descriptions, and merged #16796 into #5172.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quote
Thank you. Very Happy I noticed that the plot descriptions also need cleaning up—all but the first are left over from before the merge.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
Can this be a general Release Corrections thread since I've noticed a good bit of incorrections (incorrectness?) regarding release dates?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
Looks like everything has been corrected. Someone else already corrected the releases, I corrected the entries in the encyc page.

I guess the Critical Mass re-releases should be added.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Can this be a general Release Corrections thread since I've noticed a good bit of incorrections (incorrectness?) regarding release dates?

I've noticed a fare few errors/inconsistencies in the releases, as well. Would this thread be a good place to address them?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

I've noticed a fare few errors/inconsistencies in the releases, as well. Would this thread be a good place to address them?

I was hoping so—that's why I made the title generic.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, if that's the case:

March Errors:

Samurai Champloo - Classic Line (DVD)
Samurai Champloo - Classic Line (Blu-Ray)
New Dates: 5/24
Sources: DVD ; BD

Shigurui: Death Frenzy - Classic Line (DVD)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy - Classic Line (Blu-Ray)
New Dates: 5/10
Sources: DVD ; BD

Rideback - Complete Series Limited Edition (DVD)
New Date: 7/28
Source

That's it for the stuff actually in the Encyclopedia. As soon as I learn how to format release information properly, I'll add in the 11 releases that aren't listed. I'll then work on April, May, June, July, and August. If you need a source other than TRSI, I can provide links to the Amazon and RACS listings as well.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
FYI: Shorter, non-changing TRSI URLs:

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/[item number here]

E.g., http://www.rightstuf.com/i/fun08658

http://www.rightstuf.com/aod/[___] also works ("aod" = "Anime on DVD")
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Do I need to format it like that, though? Is the way I did it wrong? I'm not trying to sound like smartass, I'm being genuine.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Do I need to format it like that, though? Is the way I did it wrong?

No and no. It's just that the URLs as you posted them are long, change every time they are used (because each accessor's session is different), and have no relation to the product to which they point. Using the shorter versions offsets these disadvantages.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Here are some questionable titles from my collection:

Gurren Lagann
Vol. 1 is listed by its full Japanese tile, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann."
Presumably, it should match volumes two and three, which are simply titled, "Gurren Lagann."

Gankutsuou
The singles are all listed as "Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo," except for Gakutsuou vol. 3, which is listed as "Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - Chapter 3."
Vol. 1 misspells "Cristo."

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
The OVA set is listed as, "Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Complete Collection Remastered" -- no mention of "OVA"
The TV series "Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Collection (Remastered)"
I'm not sure how exactly these should be listed (other than I'm sure the OVA needs to be fixed), but Nozomi lists these releases as "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor: OVA Series Remastered DVD Collection (Thinpak)," and, "The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Series Remastered DVD Collection (Thinpak)," respectively.

Last Exile
Last Exile -Positional Play
Last Exile -Breakthrough
Last Exile -Queen Delphine
These three are missing a space after the hyphen.

Anime Legends
There doesn't appear to be any consistency with how these titles are listed (parentheses, hyphens, etc.). Variations include:
"Title - Complete Collection X (Anime Legends)" (ex. Eureka 7)
"Title - The Complete Collection - Anime Legends" (ex. Lucky Star)
"Title - DVD Collection X - Anime Legends" (Gundam SEED)
"Title - Collection X Anime Legends" (SEED Destiny)
Is there a single accepted format for listing titles from a particular release line (Anime Legends, Platinum Edition, Double-secret Probation Edition, etc.), or is any variant acceptable?

Speaking of Gundam SEED:
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - DVD Collection 1 - Anime Legends
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - DVD Collection 2 - Anime Legends
Gundam SEED Destiny - Collection 1 Anime Legends
Gundam Seed Destiny - Collection 2 Anime Legends

Shouldn't all of these be listed as, "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/Seed (and SEED/Seed Destiny)," with consistency on the stylization of, "Seed?"

Paprika
The Blu-ray edition of Paprika is listed as "Paprika - BluRay". Is there a reason to list the format in the title itself when there's a separate Format field? Shouldn't this just be, "Paprika?"

Ponyo
The Ponyo BD is listed by the full "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" title, despite the fact that BD itself, as well as the entire Disney marketing campaign, IIRC, just referred to it as, "Ponyo".

Tenchi Muyou!
The Tenchi Muyou! OAV 3 vol. 1 (why do I own this?) is listed as "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OAV 3 - Here Comes the Bride". Vols. 2 and 3 are just listed as "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OAV 3"

Xam'd
I don't know if there's some invisible extended character at work here, but Xam'd vol. 2 is listed before vol. 1.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Sgt Frog
ADV's Sgt. Frog - Amphibious Assault (DVD) never came to fruition and should probably be removed.

Sgt. Frog - Season One (DVD)
New Release Date: 3/29
Source: http://www.rightstuf.com/i/ar09994

Ga-Rei Zero
The Ga-Rei Zero - Complete Series (Blu-Ray), Ga-Rei Zero - Complete Series [Limited Edition] (Blu-Ray), Ga-Rei Zero - Complete Series (DVD), and Ga-Rei Zero - Complete Series [Limited Edition] (DVD) all need to be removed since they no longer exist. I should get around to adding the Combo Packs that replaced them later tonight.

Gunslinger Girl
DVD 1
DVD 2
DVD 3

All of those should labeled as Viridian Collections

Also, the upcoming Anime Classics release contains seasons 1 and 2 along with the OVA. Where should I submit it? There are two separate precedents that contradict each other. The School Rumble Complete Series is listed under all three installements. Meanwhile the World of Boxset for Magic Knight Rayearth is only listed under the first season. I assume the School Rumble way is the correct way and the MKR collection needs to be edited, but I want to make sure.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Do I need to format it like that, though? Is the way I did it wrong?

No and no. It's just that the URLs as you posted them are long, change every time they are used (because each accessor's session is different), and have no relation to the product to which they point. Using the shorter versions offsets these disadvantages.

There is one other advantage to the shorter URLs—they are "out-of-print proof". TRSI routinely hides from searches those products which had gone out of print, but the shorter URLs will still link to the products (though some of the product information is apparently deleted when the products are hidden). E.g., Guy Double Target (Edited) (S) Adult [VHS].

Though I see I've already convinced you. Wink
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
One Piece

One Piece - Season 3 Part 5
New Release Date: 4/19
Source: http://www.rightstuf.com/i/fun09468

Just as a heads up, while entering the releases for the first volume of The Girl Who Leapt Through Space and the first volume of the K-ON! DVD and BDs, I accidentally marked them as box sets instead of singles. So, if whoever approves them could fix that, I'd really appreciate it.

Another question: What should I call Combo Packs? I haven't made an entry yet, but I was planning on calling them (DVD/BD Combo Pack) and (DVD/BD Combo Pack Boxset), and I'm wondering if that's fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 43