• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ask Sentai Filmworks, not us. Need I circle those words in red for you?

No need for that since I now see why he did it like that. I'm such a blind fool.

Quote:
Strangely enough, there isn't any "Complete Collection" or whatnot on the jacket, at least not on the obverse side; Amazon.com doesn't have that suffix either. If you could show me there's a suffix on the reverse side then I'd be happy to change it for you.

That was a bit presumptuous on my part since the other 100 or so Anime Legends and one Super Legend have "Complete Collection" on them somewhere. But you're right, it's nowhere on the preliminary art, which is subject to change. If it does end up changing when we're closer to street date, and "Complete Collection" is added, I will be sure to let you know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
No need for that since I now see why he did it like that.

For the record, I changed the title of the release page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
No need for that since I now see why he did it like that.

For the record, I changed the title of the release page.

<nods> I just deleted the Japanese subtitle and added the "- " as you asked, The King of Harts.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
Question to whoever added the recent releases from Senati's April Solicitations: How?

When I went to do it I couldn't because, as I predicted, Rightstuf's lack of UPC prevented me and I've been waiting for Amazon to put them up for the last few days.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Question to whoever added the recent releases from Senati's April Solicitations: How?

Staff can add titles manually without UPC; a necessary function when the correct UPC is difficult to acquire or a retailer has mislabeled the product.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Would it be helpful to start posting solicitations here as soon as they're released? Two days isn't a long time, but if they're in this thread a few minutes after they're sent out, and an editor is online at the same time, they could add them in almost as fast.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Tori - Persistence of Time
Hi no Tori - Eternal Recurrence
Hi no Tori - Immutable Conclusion

Those need to have the Hi no Tori struck and replaced with Phoenix since that's the name Media Blasters uses on the DVD covers.

Quote:
Hi no Tori - Collection

This also needs Hi no Tori struck, but renamed Phoenix - Endless Fables of Resurrection since that's what the cover says.

I also noticed that these three
Quote:

Hadn't been added even though everything else in my previous post was. Should I not bring up hentai, or is that one of those doc-watson42 territories like how China/Taiwan stuff is dormcat territory?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Hi no Tori - Persistence of Time
Hi no Tori - Eternal Recurrence
Hi no Tori - Immutable Conclusion

Those need to have the Hi no Tori struck and replaced with Phoenix since that's the name Media Blasters uses on the DVD covers.

Quote:
Hi no Tori - Collection

This also needs Hi no Tori struck, but renamed Phoenix - Endless Fables of Resurrection since that's what the cover says.

All done.

The King of Harts wrote:
I also noticed that these three
Quote:

Hadn't been added even though everything else in my previous post was.

I don't have time now, but I'll try to get to these tonight.

The King of Harts wrote:
Should I not bring up hentai, or is that one of those doc-watson42 territories like how China/Taiwan stuff is dormcat territory?

<shrug> There are other editors who also handle hentai, but I may be the only one who does so and is in North America. Dormcat, OTOH, is the only editor in Taiwan, and, from the evidence, the only one who is Chinese literate.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm adding recent titles (adult ones included) right now.

doc-watson42 wrote:
Dormcat, OTOH, is the only editor in Taiwan, and, from the evidence, the only one who is Chinese literate.

There are other staff who can read/speak a bit of Chinese. Wink
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

There are other staff who can read/speak a bit of Chinese. Wink

Who ?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Staff can add titles manually without UPC; a necessary function when the correct UPC is difficult to acquire or a retailer has mislabeled the product.

Not all staff (at least, I don't know how at any rate).
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
dormcat wrote:

Not all staff (at least, I don't know how at any rate).

Nor I, and I'd like to learn.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
The Angel Blade Punish DVD should be taken off of the Angel Blade entry and moved to the Angel Blade Punish entry.

------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to bring something up, and I think this is a pretty good place to do so since it relates to this thread. I feel I should get contributor points for the stuff I bring up here. I don't know exactly how c-points work, but my guess is that you only get them when you yourself add or correct something. However, I'm incapable of correcting release titles or moving them to other entries myself and so I have to bring it up in this thread for the editors to do in my stead, but I still think I should get points for it since I'm bringing attention to it.

Again, though, I don't even know how the points are given. I've always assumed it's done by an editor since the amount varies; there were times when I got one point for entry, and there were others where I would get 2-3 or more. My point total is the perfect example to bring up: I have 927 points, but I sure as heck know I haven't added 927 different entries, so a conclusion I drew was that some stuff got me multiple points, and so I assumed a human was using some type of scale. That or each store URL for each entry got me a point, which would also make sense.

If I had the ability to use Error Reports to get the stuff fixed I would, but that's currently not an option. So me using this thread to bring attention to errors is like a different kind of error reporting, and so points should be also be given out for it.

I also want to make sure that it's clear that I am not demanding points. I'm just saying that I feel the stuff I bring up here is point-worthy.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
The Angel Blade Punish DVD should be taken off of the Angel Blade entry and moved to the Angel Blade Punish entry.

Fixed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 43