• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
I've done what I can with the information available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I also seem to recall Walmart at one time had these bundles. Sadly I do not have Walmart links to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLGXEsFDYs

^ I own all of those DBZ sets and can provide some info if the ISBN or something is needed. Also the Tokyo Ghoul and Space Dandy DVD-only sets, too.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
If you have the UPC barcodes that would be a start, but anything you can confirm that you would normally see in release pages like runtime, age rating, list price, description, release date...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
After doing some digging on the Kanzenshuu forums (nothing tough, just putting "Walmart" into the search), I've got some Walmart links for the DBZ bundles. I put the links into the Internet Archive to get the MSRP.

DBZ Kai 1&2
DBZ Kai 3&4
DBZ Kai 5&6

I looked, and it seems the Walmart-exclusive bundles stopped after part 5&6, so there was never a DBZ Kai Part 7&8 bundle.

DBZ 1&2
DBZ 3&4
DBZ 5&6
DBZ 7&8
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Those are done.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Overlord, vol.3 needs moving to novels.
Now, I really need to ask. Is it necessary to put [Hardcover] after the titles? I mean, that's the only kind of cover the novels have. Any links to the "paperback version" are for the manga adaptation.
It's not like the Haruhi Suzumiya novels, which have both.

Other hardcover novel releases on the site - Baccano! / The Isolator / Another: Episode S - seem fine without that tag so I don't think Overlord needs it either...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:51 am Reply with quote
It doesn't hurt to include, like you would for a steelbook even if that was the only edition of a disc that came out, and we don't know that a paperback edition won't come out further down the road.

I think this is the one where I tried to add the paperback version and discovered said oddity the the Amazon listings...
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Attack on Titan 19 SE needs to be moved down to graphic novel. I have also been unable to force the Barnes & Noble page down its throat (Amazon initially didn't work either, but did last night.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
That was odd because it was listed as a GN in the system, but didn't show up as such until I re-saved it (without making any changes).
B&N is showing now (it must have been already there as the addition is attributed to you, but B&N don't sell DVDs)
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
[...] but B&N don't sell DVDs)

Sure they do, the second to last menu across the top of their website is Movies & TV. They might not be a listed vendor for the Encyclopedia, but then neither is DeepDiscount (though their best pricing is generally only on one of the studios.)

I tried adding the first edition copies of Kimagure Orange Road in advance of their second edition from Kickstarter, but the skimmer is being its usual ornery self about e-books...
Volume 1: Barnes & Noble
Volume 2: [neither has it listed]
Volume 3 (9781613137642): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 4 (9781613137659): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 5 (9781613137666): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 6 (9781613137673): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 7 (9781613137680): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 8 (9781613137765): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 9 (9781613137772): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 10 (9781613137789): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 11 (9781613137796): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 12 (9781613137802): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 13 (9781613137819): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 14 (9781613137826): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 15 (9781613137833): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 16 (9781613137840): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 17 (9781613137857): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 18 (9781613137864): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 19 (9781613137871): Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Volume 20 (9781613137888): Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Last edited by bglassbrook on Wed May 11, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
[...] but B&N don't sell DVDs)

Sure they do, the second to last menu across the top of their website is Movies & TV. They might not be a listed vendor for the Encyclopedia, but then neither is DeepDiscount (though their best pricing is generally only on one of the studios.)

For some reason they were in my head as being books only, but they are in the releases system for DVDs (I've probably added hundreds of them myself without even thinking about it...). The reason it didn't show up in that case is probably that as far as the system is concerned DVDs at B&N are a different retailer to books at B&N.

----

Now for KOR... the system is rejecting the ISBN on B&N as being an ISBN. It's not a UPC-A because it has 13 digits. The check digit validates like an EAN, but GS1's checker doesn't recognise the country prefix.
UPC Database reckons it is a "Dummy UPC", while saying they start with a 4. Ah, it looks like that applies specifically to UPCs, but since this is an EAN the rules are different; GS1's docs define anything starting with a 2 as "Restricted distribution (MO defined)" which I guess is the same thing. On the part of Amazon they aren't showing any EAN or eISBN codes; I guess since they have their own internal ASIN system already they don't need to.

We can potentially add them (manually) using B&N's dummy codes, but since they are internal to the company there is no guarantee that they are unique and I'm not sure how the scraper would handle that either.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quote
So, I have a small stack of officially released DVDs from assorted dollar bins that I can't find a lick of information on. MondoTV has released a bunch of single DVDs with (usually) two episodes each of some of the various anime series that they have a hand in the English production of. These are the only English-language DVDs released for Cinderella Monogatari, Robin Hood no Daiboken, Shirayuki Hime no Densetsu, and Kaiketsu Zorro. They also did The Jungle Book, which later got a full release from Shout Factory.

Anyway, I cannot find the tiniest bit of information on these discs anywhere online. I can't even find images of them anywhere to prove they exist beyond this eBay listing for one of the Cinderella volumes and a press release announcing that MondoTV started Turbo Labs to distribute these discs in the US.

I'd be happy to scan in my dozen or so volumes and provide the information on the back of the boxes. Just tell me the format and size preferred, and where I should type everything out. Again, these are the only English DVDs that exist for those four series and they can evidently only be purchased in dollar bins since the discs seem to have no online footprint anywhere.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
A Certain Magical Index (Novel 7)'s release date has been pushed back to 2016-06-28.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
@Triltaison: could you provide pictures of the front and back of one of these, so I can see what we're working with?

@Double Mangekyo: done.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Now for KOR...

We can potentially add them (manually) using B&N's dummy codes, but since they are internal to the company there is no guarantee that they are unique and I'm not sure how the scraper would handle that either.

So, the good news is I went back and grabbed the eISBNs from DMG's website, and updated the prior post. The bad news is both sites were off the reservation, so it will need to be entirely manual (but at least using what should be the right number.) In other news, since the first two volumes came out under Hivelinx, they never assigned an eISBN. This probably affects the first volume more, as neither store has the second volume listed, so any nonsense placeholders you can shoehorn in should be fine (e.g. KORDIGED1VOL1.) The second volume is 184 pages long, and let me know if there's anything else that should be listed in the profile not on the DMG store page linked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 43