• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Also you accidentally linked the Haruhi UE to the Yuki-chan manga instead of the anime.

Uguu~
The licensor for the anime wasn't confirmed so it didn't appear as an option.
Changing assigned anime is actually a bit of a pain, and I am not looking forward to doing it again for Genius Party...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
anime#1307
Title: Dogtanian - In One for All and All for One (Yes, the title is presented as Dogtanian and the rest as a subtitle despite how awkward it is)
Back of the box description (errors in punctuation and all):
Ten years have gone by since our hero, Dogtanian joined his Majesty, Louis XIII's Muskethounds Corp.

The King is behaving strangely and wants him to find out what the reason is for his suspicious conduct.

Dogtanian sets out from the palace accompanied by his faithful friends, Aramis, Porthos and Athos, and the inseparable and amusing Pip, which unfolds into an adventure...
UPC: 817999012248

From the description, this is from the sequel series which had no Japanese involvement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
BigOnAnime wrote:
Also you accidentally linked the Haruhi UE to the Yuki-chan manga instead of the anime.

Uguu~
The licensor for the anime wasn't confirmed so it didn't appear as an option.
Changing assigned anime is actually a bit of a pain, and I am not looking forward to doing it again for Genius Party...
How does that happen? Is this also what happened with DBZ: Battle of Gods and why it's not in bold? This is how it appears in MyAnime (my list outside of my collection is currently private).

And with changing assigned anime, is it like a dropdown list? With how many anime are in the encyclopedia, I could see how that would be a pain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
It's a dropdown list of every licensed title, with the currently selected title(s) at the top. You can jump to an entry by typing the first few letters. You can multi-select with control. After selecting one or more options, you can't search any more and it is really easy to accidentally to unselect accidentally. Not a big deal if you are adding one extra title, but for Genius Party with multiple entries with completely unrelated names...

I've validated the license for BotG, does that look different now? (this is a side-effect of "licensed by" being unlocked for regular users)
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I've validated the license for BotG, does that look different now? (this is a side-effect of "licensed by" being unlocked for regular users)

Yes, all nice and bold now.

iD_eNTITY volume 12, and Tokyo Ghoul volume 9 and volume 10 need to be added to their groups, so they sort up.
Horimiya eGN 5 and eGN 6 need to be moved up to the eBook versions.

...and not seeing more shortcuts on the desktop, hopefully did not forget any this time.

[done]
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Kagerou Daze VI needs moving to novels.

And I've noticed that some licensed titles have yet to be added to the encyclopedia, even though they're already available for pre-order online and are coming out this year.

From Vertical:
The Bakemonogatari anime's source material, "BAKEMONOGATARI: Monster Tale" (novels, Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3)

From Yen Press and Yen On:
- Goblin Slayer (light novel and manga)

- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel and manga)

- Durarara!! Re;Dollars Arc (manga)
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
And I've noticed that some licensed titles have yet to be added to the encyclopedia, even though they're already available for pre-order online and are coming out this year.

Having proposed at least one of those, did you submit or endorse them already? It might help draw their attention to titles faster if folks were voting on/adding to the existing submissions.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and added those remaining July releases and a few August ones, and here's what's going to need to get fixed.

Move to Blu-ray (Region A)
release#31642
release#31644 -Also needs Rightstuf description (looks cleaner) and to be labeled sub-only. It also needs to be linked to this review.

Move to combo packs.
release#31643 -Also should this get linked to the manga as well or no? It comes with volume 1 of the manga.
release#31648
release#31649

Need to be labeled sub-only.
release#31628
release#31645 -Same situation with the Blu-ray for the description.
release#31646 -Needs to also be linked to the Encore OVA.
release#31654 -Needs updated cover as well.
release#31655 -Same as above.

Needs Rightstuf description.
release#31647

Tried adding the Arpeggio of Blue Steel Combo Pack and got this error.
Quote:
UPC 875707131094 is not from a known distributor
Please report this in the Encyclopedia forum
Also this still needs to be added manually.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FIOVRPY/ anime#1723

Some of these were featured in the most recent Shelf Life, so they need to get linked to that.
animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2016-07-04/.103906

These I didn't add, but need to get fixed. Need to be labeled sub-only, need the volume number removed, and need "Collection 1" in the title.
release#31508
release#31509

Need updated cover art, and to be labeled sub-only.
release#31068
release#31069
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
The DBZ Orange Bricks seem to be inconsistent with each other for titles, as well as the Dragon Ball Blue Bricks.

The individual links weren't telling me anything about consistency, so I went through all the releases on the page tidying them up. I know nothing about Dragonball so I just worked with what was there.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Pokémon the Series: XY Kalos Quest (Unsure of where this would go under, haven't followed the anime in years)

I haven't followed it ever. Going by Wikipedia, Kalos Quest is the latter half of anime#15491 (starting from ep 49 on our episode list). Possibly ought to be split, but...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Seems all of the Shakugan no Shana singles actually had subtitles. Noticed this when randomly looking at the backs of the first two volumes I own, as well as back covers on DVDEmpire. What they are below. Also volumes 2-4 need the archived Rightstuf description.
release#6878 release#14436 -Subtitle seems to actually be "The Girl with Fire in Her Eyes", that's what's on the back cover. Last minute change maybe? I did hear this was supposed to get an artbox for example, but that never came to fruition.
release#7233 -The Flames of Combat
release#7827 -Flames of Love
release#7921 -A Flame is Born!
release#7922 -Enter the Third Flame Haze
release#8467 -Burning of the Midnight Fire!

As with manga, I'm dubious as to whether something on the back counts as a subtitle, as opposed to a tagline or pull quote etc?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
release#4227 -Title needs fixing. V1 subtitle is "Arrangement".

It's not uncommon for the volume title to be missing from the "plus box" version of volumes. I'm not convinced of the value ot fixing all of them when the volume title is shown for the regular version in those cases.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
BigOnAnime wrote:
The DBZ Orange Bricks seem to be inconsistent with each other for titles, as well as the Dragon Ball Blue Bricks.

The individual links weren't telling me anything about consistency, so I went through all the releases on the page tidying them up. I know nothing about Dragonball so I just worked with what was there.
Well here's the sort of inconsistency that still remains on the first Dragon Ball series. This is a bit jarring to look at.

-------------------
While I understand displaying the most recent MSRP for a release, I like to also know the original one. I noticed all the Escaflowne singles list a note that they used to be under different UPCs, SKUs, and MSRPs, but it doesn't list what the old MSRP used to be. Seems it was $29.99 for all of them based off this (the others had the same thing).
release#2665
release#2666
release#2667
release#2668
release#2670
release#2669
release#2671
release#2672
The Love Hina singles have similar notes (Ex: Volume 1), but listed the old MSRP as well. It'd be great if you could list the old MSRP at the end of the notes for the Escaflowne singles.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Grim Reaper and Four Girlfriends eGN1, eGN2, and eGN3 need to be switched to the eBook section & type. Maybe could clear the precision on the translator (listing a precision for a role covering all volumes) while there.

Devil's Line vol. 1, vol. 2, vol. 3, and vol. 5 need to have the apostrophe moved to the correct position as plural-possessive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 35 of 43