• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote
The Nightmare Trilogy releases need moved from here (manga#13722) to here (manga#16778)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote
[Once more, with feeling...]

Ranma 1/2 BD Set 6 Needs to be moved down to Region A and have the title corrected as set 6.

The World God Only Knows OVA Collection BD and DVD should be cross-linked to OAV2 and OAV 3.

Imprints: I have been noticing the Hachette Books Group pages for Yen Press [and Yen On] titles list the publisher as Orbit with Yen Press/On as imprint, which explains the crediting on B&N pages. So by listing titles as YP we've been using imprint labels the whole time.

Last edited by bglassbrook on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Ranma 1/2 BD Set 6 Needs to be moved down to Region A and have the title corrected as set 6.

The World God Only Knows OVA Collection BD and DVD should be cross-linked to OAV2 and OAV 3.

Fixed. BTW, the release database can be a bit scrambled due to certain technical problems. Let us know if you notice anything incorrect and/or unusual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Coppelion Complete Collection needs to be moved to & re-categorized as BD+DVD.
Maria the Virgin Witch volumes two and three need to be added to the group with volume 1.

I saw a user's supposition, but is there an official time-stamp for when the encyclopedia was reverted to, so that we know how far back in our history to go for items that need re-adding? "Last week" is a start, but no point taking time going back further than necessary. [Glad I haven't done any cataloging in a while... guess I may have to get in the habit of saving all of them, not just the longer ones.]
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
The Nightmare Trilogy releases need moved from here (manga#13722) to here (manga#16778)

Also, if possible, the original Joker page should be retitled to "Alice in the Country of Joker: Circus and Liar's Game".

And the Joker: Nightmare Trilogy should be in bold since it has been released by Seven Seas Entertainment. Same goes for Alice in the Country of Clover: The Lizard Aide.

I've been seeing a lot of manga lately that have been licensed, which according to the Legend should be in bold, but they haven't been edited. Is this related to the fact that now any user can add the license information for manga, but can't edit the index?
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh, read the rest of your post. I'm not sure about that personally!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
Muv-Luv Alternate TE BD 2, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Complete BD, and Ninja Scroll (BD re-release) all need to get moved down to Region A.

Darker than Black 2 Anime Classics should be moved & recategorized as BD+DVD and cross-linked with the OAV. Not sure it's actionable yet, but FUNimation's listing says Michiko & Hatchin BD-SAVE is also an 8-disc BD+DVD, but all the linked retailers appear to just show it as a 4-disc BD-only.

Place to Place DVD and BD (added without for conformity) should have "- Complete Collection" at the end of their names.

The first BGC 2040 Classic set is missing the colon between BGC and Tokyo 2040. So is OST 1, but that is a CD, so it also needs to be moved to the appropriate section.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
Done except cross-referencing the Darker than Black OVA since I'm not sure how to do that.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 am Reply with quote
Armitage III complete Classic needs to be cross-linked to Poly-Matrix and Dual-Matix.

School Rumble 1 SAVE needs to be cross-linked with the OAV.

For the sake of inclusiveness (and once they eventually pop-up on Amazon,) Space Dandy's first season (UPC: 704400092732) and Freezing: Vibration (UPC: 704400095146) should probably get manual entries for the FUNimation exclusive versions.

EDIT: The Mardock Scramble Trilogy BD needs to be moved down to Region A and cross-linked to Second Combustion and Third Exhaust. The DVD version just needs to be cross-linked.

Knights of Sidonia Collector's Edition needs moving to BD+DVD.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Done except cross-referencing the Darker than Black OVA since I'm not sure how to do that.

(note that this only applies to editors)
Click "change anime" and ctrl+click all the entries that apply.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
The Nightmare trilogy entries here: manga#13722

still need moved here: manga#16778

I'm not sure why but that manga (and several of the new Alice in the Country of manga) don't show up in the "change anime" selection.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
The Nightmare trilogy entries here: manga#13722

still need moved here: manga#16778

Fixed.

octopodpie wrote:
I'm not sure why but that manga (and several of the new Alice in the Country of manga) don't show up in the "change anime" selection.

Found it and talked with Dan about it last month; it was due to allowing all users to enter "Licensed by:" task. Now you have to set a "Licensed to:" to True in order to have it displayed in the pull-down list.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
That's good to know, thanks!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if I could get you to add the Kickstarter funded Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition Blu-ray to the Bubblegum Crisis OVA page under releases, because it won't let me do it due to a lack of retail pages. It's an official Animego release though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition-blu-ray-set
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if that's possible without knowing the ISBN, UPC, or SKU code. There isn't one listed on their sales website either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 43