• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Recently I picked up the complete collection of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, and thought I'd ask if anyone else remembers this series? I haven't started watching the dvds yet, but I remember catching a few episodes when I was a kid back in the 80s though I didn't watch as much as I wanted for some reason I don't remember. Heard about some of the changes that were done, but also heard that while it wasn't as big as Voltron, similarly it did better here than the original did in Japan. And I saw on youtube that its theme song rocked. So as I asked, anyone else have fond or not so fond memories of this series?
|comicchaser|

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I have indeed very fond memories of this show. One of the cable tv channels in my country ran the whole series several times and I watched every episode at least once.
I own the german dvd box sets and have never regretted the purchase.
I'd love to see a release of the original version Sei Jūshi Bismark in some form or another, because they changed so much when adapting it for the western market.
They included a subtitled version of the first japanese episode on one of the dvds in my boxset and it feels so different.
Doubt this will ever happen though, because the show wasn't very successful in japan, if I remember correctly.
The Third Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I watched it about a year ago and it really brought back memories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1