• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Princess Tutu 1-26 (d)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote
In the second half it goes to some amazing places. Definitely in my top ten anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
Yes, I highly approve of this! Another great series to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
For god sakes, if you just can't watch it dubbed, then buy it! As has been stated, it is super cheap, and this show is worth every penny. Personally, I think Luci Christian gave one of her best performances ever as Duck, and if you watch the extras you will see just how much she loves this series. I own it in singles, and I need to pick up the collection to loan out to people.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote
I LOVE Princess Tutu! I have the entire DVD collection! Very Happy
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I seriously need to watch this. I will get the set! =D
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Yay!! Princess Tutu was actually the first anime I've ever watched (late bloomer) so I'm biased when I say it's my favorite. However it really is a fantastic series. I'm glad to see it getting some notice.

Also I find it amusingly appropriate that my itunes starting playing the Scene Finale to Swan Lake whilst writing this comment.
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Princess Tutu is a spectacular series. Definitely worth purchasing, especially if you don't want to watch the streaming dub. I'm glad it's being recognized though.
Smart Chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Princess Tutu will always have a special place in my heart and remains one of my favorite shows. If your still unconvinced by how amazing this anime is the best trailer for the show, in my opinion, is the best tutu amv I've ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDnqGrgDpk. I hope this will convince you to watch it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Yay!! Princess Tutu was actually the first anime I've ever watched (late bloomer) so I'm biased when I say it's my favorite.

Man, I didn't see this until I was a fan for several years (at least 5) and this is still my favorite anime too! No need for it to have been your first to totally fall in love with it (but you are damn lucky that this is what got you into anime)

And now I'm seeing all these Princess Tutu avatars, but I shall hold back and keep my Hikaru no Go avatar for that is an awesome show too.

And yeah, anyone complaining about the lack of sub, just buy the damn thing, it's pretty dirt cheap and after you watch the whole show, you'll just end up buying it anyway.
10円

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
You crazy kids have it so good these days. I paid something like $25 for each DVD (plus tax and shipping) in this series and now you can watch it for free! For those who don't know this series takes a little while to get going but once it did I never looked back. Truly top-notch entertainment for the patient and open minded among us.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching this (and discovered that I've loaned out my DVDs so many times they're slightly scratched) and I loved this series even more on the rewatch than when I first saw it. It's probably one of my top five or ten favorite anime, the plotting in the later episodes is just so solid and inventive, plus all the ballet is really pretty.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I loved this show! Not sure if he's still around or not but HeeroTX helped me get into the series. It feels like just yesterday he sent me the dvds.
I watched through the whole series twice and I've been meaning to rewatch it again! This is an amazing series- check it out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soft-n-fluffy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
This is a fantastic anime! I hope this stream will get a lot of people into it.
Veers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I've had the DVD set on my shelf for a few years but have never even watched them... >_>
corgigrape

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Smart Chick wrote:
the best trailer for the show, in my opinion, is the best tutu amv I've ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDnqGrgDpk. I hope this will convince you to watch it.

This is a good AMV, but I wouldn't recommend watching it until after you've seen the series. Many of the scenes are from the end of the first part of the series and the second part of the series. There aren't any explicit spoilers, but if you absolutely want to watch Tutu with no ideas already put into your head and be on the safe side, wait a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3