• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: X-Men Anime, Nichijou Promo Videos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrelroller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
I'm actually interested to see how good this X-Men anime will be. I actually enjoyed the old cartoons in the 90s and I thought X-Men Evolution wasn't so bad either. I even enjoyed the first two movies. I haven't seen the others yet.

Anyway... I have high hopes for this. Has anyone seen the Wolverine or Iron Man animes though? How did they turn out?
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
Iron Man was very mediocre. Wolverine started out nice, but has been dragging a bit. Its decent enough though.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway... I have high hopes for this. Has anyone seen the Wolverine or Iron Man animes though? How did they turn out?

Generic. Not bad if you like this kind of stuff. If anything, it's more predictable than long running shonen anime. The whole thing feels like a re-watch.

Definitely not looking forward to X-Men.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote
That X-Men trailer was full of overblown superhero testosterone, so I'm not really interested in it, which is sad because usually I like X-Men. But I think I'd be laughing too much at the character designs to really enjoy it. The only way I'll watch it at this point is if Gambit is in it. And I do mean the original Creole Gambit, not that weird, red-neck thing from the Wolverine movie.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Can the image for the X-Men trailer be changed? It's very misleading for it to have the play button and word "play" there, and not be a streaming video, but a pop-up link to another website.
feitian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Nichijou eh? looks promising, but still, there had been too many "cute girls doing cute things" anime. I am not sure if we really need another one.

Nevertheless, I do hope they preserves some of more outrageous facial expressions from the comic. -w-
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, I have to say Nichijou should be one of the titles that streaming companies like Crunchyroll should be gunning for simulcasting because it's done by KyoAni so lots of peeps are going to watch it somehow, and they have a damn good track record of hits.

Quote:
Nichijou eh? looks promising, but still, there had been too many "cute girls doing cute things" anime. I am not sure if we really need another one.

There seems to be some form of absurdism in this one which could have been right up in SHAFT's alley. I'm pretty intrigued how KyoAni is going to handle this one.
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...From the video it looks like Jean dies - again. Razz
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I have liked the CBS and Nictoon adaptions and three of the movies I have seen and the Japanese did a good job with WhitchBlade and the adaptation of the French childrens book Nobody Boy in two anime adaptions so I think they are up to the job with this series and they have good writers for their best series so this is wishing luck with this one. Razz
Vent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow, X-Men looks a lot better than Iron Man and Wolverine on animation and art style alone. Guess that's where most of the budget went.
AureliusPlotinus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why they're even bothering to do an X-Men anime... nothing will ever top the 90's cartoon series Razz
Vent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
AureliusPlotinus wrote:
I'm not sure why they're even bothering to do an X-Men anime... nothing will ever top the 90's cartoon series Razz

A lot of things top the 90's cartoon series.
Sutori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it normally America that tries to redo Japanese stuff? ex. Astro Boy, Transformers, Speed Racer, ect. Other that Powerpuff Girls Z, I've never heard of Japan trying to redo an American cartoon, what's with the trend recently? First Ironman, then Wolverine, and now X-Men?
sepherest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
X-Men already looks better than Iron Man and Wolverine, so I hope they do a good job with the plot too. Hopefully they'll throw in some more characters that weren't in the trailer, I'd like to see Iceman or Colossus.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Sutori wrote:
Isn't it normally America that tries to redo Japanese stuff? ex. Astro Boy, Transformers, Speed Racer, ect. Other that Powerpuff Girls Z, I've never heard of Japan trying to redo an American cartoon, what's with the trend recently? First Ironman, then Wolverine, and now X-Men?

Well, I guess they're trying to appeal to both Japanese and American audience. they did it with Batman, and Halo. I don't see how is this any different, I know mangaska that are big fan of DC/Marvel comic. I know Watsuki (creator of ruroni Kenshin and Buso Renkin) is a big X-men fan, and he did put character reference to X-men in his work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4