• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disgaea Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote
Whoo hoo! Very Happy
Now this should be interesting!
Walkabout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
Though the idea of a Disgaea anime may not interest me, if it's popular enough maybe we'll see a La Pucelle Tactics anime...I just liked LPT's story better, but that's just me...
Isaaru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES!!!!!! HL YEAH!! DOOD!!

ANN just made my day Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, how do you all pronounce the name?

I've never played it, but my friends have, and some of them call it "Dis-guy-uh" while the others call it "Dis-gay-uh."

Just from looking at it, I call it the first one, but I'm wondering if anyone else here says it the other way Anime smallmouth.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:37 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

I've never played it, but my friends have, and some of them call it "Dis-guy-uh" while the others call it "Dis-gay-uh."

Just from looking at it, I call it the first one, but I'm wondering if anyone else here says it the other way Anime smallmouth.

It's the first one.
Isaaru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

i always wondered the same thing. Well, not really.
I heard its pronouced during a magic attack in La Pucille Tactics, can anyone who owns this game clarify?
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
Of course it's "dis-guy-uh", it's dis-gaia, despite the differance in spelling, isn't it? "Bad Earth".

You know, Hell?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
Walkabout wrote:
Though the idea of a Disgaea anime may not interest me, if it's popular enough maybe we'll see a La Pucelle Tactics anime...I just liked LPT's story better, but that's just me...

Now I can see that too! Very Happy
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I am quite excited over Disgaea being made into an anime. This game had a great bunch of memorable characters with Flonne being my favorite. I hope the anime doesn't get messed up.

Chrno2 wrote:
Walkabout wrote:

Now I can see that too! Very Happy

I played a few chapters of La Pucelle Tactics and got a little tired of the characters. Anyone like Phantom Brave here? I'd want this game turned into an anime before La Pucelle, though I wouldn't mind if both of them took this route.
Walkabout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
What I really loved was how much darker LPT was than the games it spawned(Disgaea, PB)...
At first(like Narutaru), it started out cute and offbeat, but it quickly moved into bitter sadness, especially if you got the bad endings, and the VAs, who had sounded so overjoyed a moment ago, now had such somber tones...
Both Dis and PB had their elements of this too, but I felt LPT took it to some spectacular heights...
Sampatches

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I have to agree with Walkabout, I'd much rather see a La Pucelle anime, or even a Marl Kingdom one. Disgaea was a really fun game, but LP has a stronger story and more emotional weight. I do hope Jennifer will at least be in it, though!
ChaosAxess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
I played a few chapters of La Pucelle Tactics and got a little tired of the characters. Anyone like Phantom Brave here? I'd want this game turned into an anime before La Pucelle, though I wouldn't mind if both of them took this route.

Same here. I found La Pucelle much less enjoyable than Disgaea or Phantom Brave. I love Phantom Brave, also =D! The story is great and very enjoyable. I love the characters =P. I'd love to see an anime for Phantom Brave, as well.

I can't wait for the Disgaea anime! It's awesome news that Geneon is doing it, they're my favorite anime-related company =P.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I had a fun time playing the original game, but I have my doubts when it comes to transitioning from a game to anime. While the characters are enjoyable, and the story a fun little romp, it may not be long and/or deep enough to structure an anime around it.

All one has to consider is Star Ocean EX. While I loved the game for Star Ocean 2, I certianly don't see it as a strong title, even for those of us who enjoyed the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
OH, HELL YEAH.

Now just give us a Katamari Damacy anime and I can die fulfilled..
rond556

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2