• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oricon: Manga Volume Sales Dipped 1.5% in Japan in 2012

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's actually pretty fantastic. Considering that One Piece was a complete monster last year and only sold a portion of that this year, and the sales of manga overall barely dipping? Pretty darn good.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote
skafreak51 wrote:
Wow, that's actually pretty fantastic. Considering that One Piece was a complete monster last year and only sold a portion of that this year, and the sales of manga overall barely dipping? Pretty darn good.

lol that's no good. That's mean nothing is going to replace naruto, One Piece. They need a big hit quick. Otherwise, we will see another drop this year and next year
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote
Hmm, but those 3 biggest publishers actually share only some 30% of the market. I thought it would be much more. And I don't doubt that after Naruto and One Piece another big hit will come...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Pirkaf wrote:
Hmm, but those 3 biggest publishers actually share only some 30% of the market.

Of overall books, not just manga. Overall book market has a lot more competition.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
Pirkaf wrote:
Hmm, but those 3 biggest publishers actually share only some 30% of the market. I thought it would be much more. And I don't doubt that after Naruto and One Piece another big hit will come...

If you check the Japanese charts, there already is another big hit: Hunter x Hunter... and considering Togashi's hiatuses, it could even end after One Piece. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
People will naturally look for other manga similar to Naruto/bleach after they end if they liked them. Chances are it will be ones like HxH and Fairy tail which take over unless other shounens pop up before then.

One piece...well all kinds of people read one piece so who knows what they will decide to read next. *shrug*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1