• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Zero Anime to Get English Dub, Will Stream on Neon Alley

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
What can I say Key, it's probably all that tiger blood that I got from Charlie Sheen. Or, more likely, it's that I don't like it when people use hypocritical logic (which yours still is, despite how you tried to deflect criticism), and that you offer so many openings.

En garde.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

3. This dub was most likely produced by Viz Media, who will likely be the ones to release the show to home video here in the US. The rumor is the same for Blue Exorcist. I should point out that Viz has confirmed that everything on Neon Alley will see a home video release in the future.

Viz won't release this. All their new shows are on download to own or either have a confirmed DVD/Bluray date.Blue Exorcist is the only show nowhere to be found. They've even said the ANiplex controls Blue Exorcist.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
I was expecting a curse at the very least.

Beware ye who casually enjoy the Fate series. You shall be subjected to the mad rantings of Type Mooniacs as they proclaim that you are doing it wrong or are otherwise not enjoying the series "properly".
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Out of curiosity, what exactly is the doom that awaits those of us who watch Fate/Zero without having watched Fate / Stay Night first?

Both series spoil each other in significant ways and its debatable which is the better way to go. If you see Fate/Stay Night first, you already know more or less how Fate/Zero is going to end. If you see Fate/Zero first, you'll already know Saber's identity, which is supposed to be a big secret.

I think the biggest problem is that if you watch Fate/Zero first, Fate/Stay Night might make a rather disappointing follow up.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
championferret wrote:
And of course they give the british characters american accents. A little bit of effort would be nice.

I can understand crying about Waver not having a British accent, but Saber? She's from MEDIEVAL BRITAIN! They would not have spoken with the same accents that modern Britons use.

It sounds the same but with more thees and thous :p

Quote:
The key features of modern British accents are fairly recent linguistic innovations, hence why Kevin Costner can get away with giving Robin Hood an American accent.

..I really don't think he "got away" with that. Wasn't it lampooned in Men in Tights as well?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
This whole British accent debate is pointless. English didn't exist in any form at the time Saber presumably lived, so no accent whatsoever is required. There's equal reason to make her sound "British" (there's a shitload of accents in UK) and Texan.
PusoTheYouTubePooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Someone on this site aught to sign up for Neon Alley's newsletter. They said this like 3 days ago there. ANN doesn't even have the Toonami's airing Soul Eater yet, from what I can tell and they said that last Saturday (or technically Sunday I think)on their Tumblr page. Not to sound like I'm trashing them too much, I mean they have a lot to report but still...c'mon guys!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
PusoTheYouTubePooper wrote:
Someone on this site aught to sign up for Neon Alley's newsletter. They said this like 3 days ago there.

This article was posted 3 days ago too, so I don't know what you're complaining about...
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Someone on this site aught to sign up for Neon Alley's newsletter. They said this like 3 days ago there.

Do you mean three days ago as in Wednesday, February 6th, the day that ANN posted this story or Sunday, February 3rd, three days ago relative to the date that this story was posted?

ANN doesn't even have the Toonami's airing Soul Eater yet, from what I can tell and they said that last Saturday (or technically Sunday I think)on their Tumblr page.

ANN posted that news a week ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11