• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - Sense and Sentai-ability

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote
What the hell does Haruhi have to do with Sentai? Same with Nyrako? There is no more anime of this in Japan, it was the Japanese company that basically said we are done so blaming any US company for a shows existence is nonsensical.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
What the hell does Haruhi have to do with Sentai? Same with Nyrako? There is no more anime of this in Japan, it was the Japanese company that basically said we are done so blaming any US company for a shows existence is nonsensical.

RIF: Different questions. The first person's question was about Sentai, the second person's question was about why does a sequel sometime not get made for a successful series.
Tyranoid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
That Guin Saga dub. Wow. I watched it the whole way through. In my opinion, it started off seriously enough. But around the midway point, I think Foster just gave up on delivering a serious narrative, encouraged his actors to start trolling through certain scenes, and threw professionalism to the wind. Just check out this YouTube video. You can't tell me the audience is expected to take these performances seriously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEESOXQJso
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Tyranoid wrote:
That Guin Saga dub. Wow. I watched it the whole way through. In my opinion, it started off seriously enough. But around the midway point, I think Foster just gave up on delivering a serious narrative, encouraged his actors to start trolling through certain scenes, and threw professionalism to the wind. Just check out this YouTube video. You can't tell me the audience is expected to take these performances seriously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEESOXQJso

Oh man, that case is so saddening, if only because the anime came out RIGHT after Kurimoto (the author) passed away, and the extras on the DVDs have these interviews where she's telling all about how much she poured her work and heart into her stories and how they're so precious to her, and then the dub is so insultingly flippant about the plot and characters, it's really disrespectful and makes me so sad!!
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I was already outraged at the dub, but when you put it like that Myaow, I just get incredibly sad. You're absolutely right; such a horrendous half-arsed effort is incredibly disrespectful to the author. It's a slap in the face to all of her hard work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5