• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hank Smith/Michael Reynolds Mixup

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flying_dragon6000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I just found that Michael Reyonlds was incorrectly listed under Hank Smith as a "aka" This is a error. Henry Douglas Grey is what Hank Smith should be listed under for the "aka"

person#4829 (Mike Reynolds)

person#4545 (Henry Douglas Grey)

I also submitted an error report as well...I hope this helps?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
flying_dragon6000 wrote:
This is a error.

Source please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
flying_dragon6000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
http://myanimelist.net/people/384/Skip_Stellrecht

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Street-Fighter/Ryu/

I also think that Skip Stellrecht his is real name and that
Henry Douglas Grey is a pseudonym...since that's what's listed on My Anime List and Behind the Voice Actors..
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to pay a tenner to buy it, but iTunes credits a "Hank Smith" for Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.

Aliases are rarely easy to positively identify (unless they are publicly acknowledged the best you can normally get is two names doing the same character in different parts of a franchise from both union and non-union companies and sounding identical).
MAL is only any good as a pointer, not an authorative source. Neither site provides any sort of evidence for their assertion that Hank Smith is Skip Stellrecht. Wikipedia claims the same thing but is entirely devoid of references.

Regarding the name, Wikipedia says "Skip Stellrecht (born Henry Stellrecht, Jr... also known as Henry Douglas Grey."
Memory Alpha (liked from WP) says "Skip Stellrecht... whose real name is Henry Douglas Grey"

According to Abunai, there are two people using Hank Smith as an alias.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1