• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Arcade of My Youth

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for the companion/sequel/alternate Hakuoki retelling next week! I've already got funds in my PSN wallet just itching for the release. Very Happy
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
Pirate Ship Higemaru is the best, it's a shame nobody has ever heard of it. I think it's the only game from the early 80's that I didn't play until the mid-2000's and actually enjoyed.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
No love for Forgotten Worlds? Sad

"Did you find the guy?"
"I'll finish you today for sure!"
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually pretty disappointed that Revengeance does away with non-lethal weaponry; trying to progress through the game while killing as few enemies as possible was always something I liked in the old games, and the fact that killing was a choice made it feel like it bore some actual weight, rather than just being cheap and/or sadistically forced on the player. Still, I hear the demo's good, and needless to say Platinum has a good track record with these types of games.

The moe-moe Shinsengumi game has inspired me to try and think of other possibilities for sexy anime versions of historical right-wing militias. I guess other than Nazis or Confederates, which would be too obviously abhorrent.

Also: Batou is no stranger to robot-punching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
No love for Forgotten Worlds? Sad

"Did you find the guy?"
"I'll finish you today for sure!"

It's perfect for the dual stick setup too. Capcom Classics Collection vol. 1 understood that.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
Pirate Ship Higemaru is the best, it's a shame nobody has ever heard of it. I think it's the only game from the early 80's that I didn't play until the mid-2000's and actually enjoyed.

Agreed, Pirate Ship Higemaru was an awesome game and while I played it for a little bit on the PS2's first Capcom Classics Collection, I played it a lot more on the PSP's Reloaded while trying to unlock everything in that collection.

Hopefully they include the arranged music score from the previous collections for this and the other games in this set of re-releases.
lord_darkseid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Since this is a Capcom release, any indication they'll release UN Squadron (AKA Area 88) in one of these new packages? I was hoping it would come to one of the collections for the PS2 but it never happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2