• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films News

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:31 am Reply with quote
parabellum wrote:
I wonder if they will only air 26 episodes, or even air the movies too.

ADV didn't release the movies, so no, not through this deal anyway.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:52 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
I just came from the adult swim forum and it was officially announced that EVA was gonna air in adult swim:
Quote:
Although no air date has yet been decided, Adult Swim will, in the near future, air the classic anime show Neon Genesis Evangelion. NGE is the story of Shinji Ikari, a teenage boy recruited by his estranged father to pilot the giant Evangelion Unit-01 to defend the earth against a horde of monsterous, invading alien creatures known as the Angels. A unique mix of exceptional battle scenes, religious symbolism, psychological storytelling and teenage angst, Neon Genesis Evangelion has been referred to by many as one of the greatest anime shows ever made.
....And by many who refer to it as complete shyte. But don't take either one's word for it, find out for yourself. Hang on! Its on CN, (remembers Tenchi Muyo OVA), never mind. Rolling Eyes Razz
Shadowe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quote
BigHurtBrad wrote:
but hopefully some of the blood is all that gets edited.

That would be in the perfect world, what we'll be getting is probably going to come out as the bastard child of tenchi muyo and outlaw start edit wise.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Hell must've frozen over.

Who'da thunk it?

Well, when Advent had his little leak that an ADV show was going to be on CN, I thought it could only be one of two things:

a) One of ADV's "newer" licenses, such as Full Metal Panic, GetBackers, Saiyuki, and the like

or

b) Evangelion

Actually, since Evangelion has been watched by a large portion of anime fans, I'd have preferred seeing Full Metal Panic or GetBackers on Adult Swim. ADV does have plenty of good shows to put on that are more recent and less viewed. But then again, it's going to be so great just to see Evangelion on a cable channel when most people completely bet against it ever happening.
Shadowe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Well don't get out the binoculars just yet, the flying pigs need to be refueled after mac's switch to intel chips.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
My God, Evangelion's going to be on television for practically free and people running for cover?! What are you people thinking?! What you're concerned about happened a good 5 years ago, if not before. We've come a loooong way in 5 years. Loooooong way.
Shadowe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
My God, Evangelion's going to be on television for practically free and people running for cover?! What are you people thinking?! What you're concerned about happened a good 5 years ago, if not before. We've come a loooong way in 5 years. Loooooong way.

I think you've been bonked one too many times with the baka hammer. American society has come a long way in the past 5 years, but thats for american things. Anime is held to a double standard, that's why the PPG can graphically disembowel someone after they tried to surrender and go without a fight along with many of blacklisted things that would get an anime kicked off the air.

Ever notice that many american cartoons feature alcohol and drug consumption by minors? Think an anime could get away with that?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry. Have you read any of Kyle Pope's recent edit lists? They aren't exactly the size of War and Peace like they used to. This is my reasoning and I'm sticking to it.

I can't believe you people are poo-pooing FREE Top 10-material animé.
Shadowe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
I'd rather spend half an hour listen to peaple saying "Oh sugar, you darn blasted silly person" than have anything critical to the storyline edited. 3 guesses which is most likely to happen.
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quote
Wow....Eva on American TV.

So we'll have the super angsty 14-18 year olds who are are still pretty much still anime welps (freshlings) watching Eva..

Seems fair to me, actually. I watched Eva back when i was only 12 years old. Watched it all in one sitting, including movies. I was Messed up for weeks. for two days after I watched it, I wouldn't talk to anyone.

Call me evil, but I actually can't wait to see what Eva does to these kids...I wonder how they'll take it, and I wonder if it'll cause any suicides/murders like it spawned in Japan.

Could be interesting...in a horrible way of course, but interesting none the less.
Shadowe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Well i know secondary side effects will include shouting, swearing, short tempers, and migraines all caused by the primary side effect of Jack Thompson talking out of his ass so fast that it makes sense coming back the other way.
Lupin_333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, now that I think about it, it will be fun to see what happens after the 10-12 year old's who watch AS (and there are actually quite a few of these, at least where I live) watch Evangelion...

-R3x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
I watched EVA about 3 times when I was 11 and I turned out okay.

...right?
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
... no comment Razz
Mach5Motorsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
The last time I checked, cable TV is not FREE TV. Unless of course you have your mommies and daddies pay for everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8