• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon X & Y Video Confirms Eevee's New Evolution

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamui85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
when i hear sylveon i think of silver>metal>steel type?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
I guess we should throw our guesses here.

Name is SYLVEON
for > sylph? = FLYING
for > silver? = STEEL
for > SYLVEster stallONe? = FIGHTING (I saw someone posted this possibility, but I was just lol. Still possible though)

Name is Ninfia / Nymphali
for > nymph? = BUG

Personally I think it's FLYING, because when I first looked at the design, it somehow reminds me of Fuuro / Skyla of BW.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
Setsura1 wrote:
AT LAST!! A NEW EEVEE EVOLUTION!! My guess is either Flying, Dragon, or Ghost type, though I'm making a long shot on it being Ghost.

I would say Dragon-type, as well. What about it makes it look dragonic to you?[/quote]

I wouldn't say that any part of it looks Dragonic to me, but a prime example of that is Altaria (Does that look like a dragon too you?). If I had to put money on it, it would be between Flying or Dragon. I doubt it is a Normal type, as Eevee is a Normal type. This brings me back to the episode in the original series "The Battling Eevee Brothers" and at then end when Mike tells his brothers that he will be an Eevee trainer instead of a Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon, trainer like his brothers, completing the cycle (so they think Anime hyper). I think that it most definitely won't be a Normal type but a Flying or Dragon type, Flying being the most likely. When are we getting a Rock or a Fighting...or a Poison...there are so many possibilities!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2