• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Air Date

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I guess the 9PM timeslot explains why they can keep in everthing they can keep in. Now all they need to do is finally announce the all the voice actors and the theme song they're going to be using.
zegron

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Will be interesting to see it. I've seen every episode up to last week's. I will say I won't be crushed if they use a different or custom opening, I really haven't liked the singing in any of the theme songs used in Naruto so far. They are just too grating or high pitched for my taste... Rolling Eyes

I will now wait quietly for the mobs with the torches and pichforks to hand me for saying that... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
In a better world, Viz would do what they did with Inuyasha-give Naruto one of those Toonami openings and leave the closings completly alone. But since that probably won't happen (and I can't imagine Toonami thinking the second closing, with Sakura and Ino singing a love song in chorus while flowers float around, would fit in too well with its image) I'll settle for them not composing some horrible rap intro like on One Piece.

But wow, CN clearly has a lot of faith in Naruto, considering they're devoting two straight hours of the block to it.
masaki86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
now all we need are dvd dates and info, then i'll be one happy naruto-head.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Now what we need to know is A) when are the DVDs coming out, and 2) will the original, uncut Japanese version be included (I heard the names of the characters are being changed for the dub which is never a good sign)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Usagi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Oooo... yay! It fits my schedule xD 9 pm~

I really hope that they wouldn't change the characters' names.... Anime dazed
masaki86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Jeikobu wrote:
Now what we need to know is A) when are the DVDs coming out, and 2) will the original, uncut Japanese version be included (I heard the names of the characters are being changed for the dub which is never a good sign)?

wrong...point your browser here to see the light....

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded.php?Number=1056487
tstidm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
2 hours is a big risk for Cartoon Network. We will see if it works for them. How many episodes are in the series and How many does Viz have?
Seca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
tstidm wrote:
2 hours is a big risk for Cartoon Network. We will see if it works for them. How many episodes are in the series and How many does Viz have?

I think Viz actually has the whole thing. Not sure how long it is but I'm sure it's well past 100 by now.

In the August edition of Shonen Jump they cover a bit of info about the series and they stated that they have the scripting done for the first 54 episodes. So it sounds like CN is already backing Naruto 100% already.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like the two-hour thing is only a one-shot deal, and I wouldn't worry about it. They pull similar stuff (dual airings) on Friday Nights all the time and seem to have some modicum of success.
Isaaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
ynow, i gotta question here to all the folks here you heard rumor after rumor about the Naruto on CN. What's the silliest rumor you folks here heard about Naruto changes?

For me it has to be Itachi being cut from the series.
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
ynow, i gotta question here to all the folks here you heard rumor after rumor about the Naruto on CN. What's the silliest rumor you folks here heard about Naruto changes?

For me, it's so much a rumor as it was an amusing April Fool's joke done by the folks at Toonami Infolink.

I haven't really heard any silly rumors about the show, because I'm scared to peek into the talkback threads where die-hard Naruto fans congress *shudder*
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
In a better world, Viz would do what they did with Inuyasha-give Naruto one of those Toonami openings and leave the closings completly alone. But since that probably won't happen I'll settle for them not composing some horrible rap intro like on One Piece

I really hope they keep the endings, like in the Inuyasha fashion, but a radical opening like One Piece, I don't see that. Maybe an English dubbed opening (Don't kill me.), if they do the a different opening.

Keep everything, minus flowing blood. If runs from the body and red, it getting edited.

Funny rumor I heard is Naruto hates lunch boxs, which turned out to be an April Fool's Joke, but people, to this day, belive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Isaaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Isaaru wrote:

For me, it's so much a rumor as it was an amusing April Fool's joke done by the folks at Toonami Infolink.

I haven't really heard any silly rumors about the show, because I'm scared to peek into the talkback threads where die-hard Naruto fans congress *shudder*

I checked out the 'edited frame." That was F'n hilarious! Laughing
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
so i take it they're getting rid of One Piece?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4