• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
^Dude, is that 2nd website for real? They have English volumes of 19-21 for reasonable f***ing prices? Or are they just using pictures of the English editions?

Using Google Chrome Dutch-->English Translator wrote:
Welcome to the Manga Shop,

This is the online store that specializes in second hand manga and where you are so you can buy second hand manga! You you may just find that one manga that is not new for sale, because it is out of print and then also at an affordable price!

After years of being a big fan of manga (and still is), I wanted to do more with my hobby. That's why I started this shop used mangas. So I hope for the manga to find a new home and a lot of people happy to deal with affordable mangas, so you can even make you even bigger collection.

If the manga you're looking for is not there, please feel free to contact me via email, then I suggest you posted as the new manga comes in!

Have fun in the Manga Shop!

Yup, it looks like English editions. This person seems to be doing it from home, since they're only available during weekends and evenings after their job is done.

Payments page wrote:
Payment
You can order you to pay 2 ways, namely via cash or bank transfer. The first option (cash) is only possible if you come pick you order. Pick up only in consultation in Klaaswaal. Caution! Only consultation (by phone or mail).
The second option is to transfer the money after placing the order. You place the order and then transfer the money on quoting order number / invoice number. Make sure your payment within 7 days of making, otherwise your order will be canceled. After the amount has been received, the order is shipped.
Why do not take advantage of ideal? That's because it cost much entails and I then these costs to you / you must pass. Then the products are more expensive, maybe this is still in the future.

Delivery
Goods will be shipped with UPS.

Okay, I just tried to put in an order for Basara volume 19 just to try it out, and the only places they will ship to are the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium. Also, I imagine a bank account that allows you to transfer money to their account would be needed.

So if we had someone on the boards from one of those countries who'd be willing to help out, it could be done.

But hot damn, at least there's someone out there willing to sell the manga for a reasonable price. If I was actually willing to part with mine (which I'm not, because I love it too much), I wouldn't be asking for more than MSRP. Normally I just donate what I don't want anymore.

-----

In regards to Eden: It's An Endless World, I lucked out on e-bay. Bought volumes 7-12 from a seller for $30 last year. It's why I decided to start collecting the series, because I could get a majority of the OOP volumes for a great price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:

^Dude, is that 2nd website for real? They have English volumes of 19-21 for reasonable f***ing prices? Or are they just using pictures of the English editions?

Yes, it's for real. These English editions don't have much value in the Netherlands because nobody but me wants them and I already have a complete set. She's been stuck with those books for years now. The girl who runs that little shop is trustworthy, too. I've bought books for other ANN members there before.

Quote:

Okay, I just tried to put in an order for Basara volume 19 just to try it out, and the only places they will ship to are the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium. Also, I imagine a bank account that allows you to transfer money to their account would be needed.

So if we had someone on the boards from one of those countries who'd be willing to help out, it could be done.

No worries, I'll help. Tell me what books you want and I'll buy them, have them send to my place (or pick them up at a convention if that's on option) and then ship them to you. Shipping costs depend on where the books need to go, meaning that €5,50 may cost you double that in the end, but I'm sure you've seen worse.

As for payment, you can send me books through bookdepository. Say Basara 19 + shipping costs €12, I'll asks you for a book that costs roughly that on Bookdepo Smile

PM me if you're interested.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote
Anyone see a copy of Let Dai 14 for under $30? I mean, yeah, that's not bad compared to some things on here (I lucked out with Tramps Like Us 13 and found a price drop). I got a cheap lot of most of the series on eBay (ex-libray, but they look ok in the pics and like I said, cheap), but still need some random volumes. 14 looks to be the only tough one to get.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:57 am Reply with quote
I'll keep an eye out. Sounds like the sort of thing the comic store in Glasgow might have.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Was just checking through my wishlist to see gunsmith cats burst vol.5 hitting the £18+ range so if you want it and know of a copy for a reasonable price go get it. Just had to fork out £13 for it (fingers crossed)

grabbed the other gunsmith cats stuff i was missing too cos dark horse are terrible with their print runs.

is it too much to ask em to make enough extra copies to last over 5 years rabble rabble rabble
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 pm Reply with quote
ZOMG

i just stuck an order in for ai yori aoshi 16 on amazon.de

it was one of those situations where the US seller wanted £30 on amazon.co.uk but was selling the same book on amazon.de for £6.50.

Been after this one for years now, i can finally complete the run.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
This week's House of 1000 Manga reminded me that I was looking for a copy of Orochi, but apparently the amazon prices have skyrocketed since I last checked. :/
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
It happens all the time, for example volume 20 of gantz is starting to wander off into the sunset
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
I've just acquired a brand new, still shrinkwrapped copy of GTO The Early Years 10. If anyone's interested, PM me.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:18 am Reply with quote
I've got a near new copy of Banana Fish v3 2nd Edition, pm me if you need a copy of v3 of my favorite manga series!
Olyvia Saylor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time completing my Detective School Q collection. The ones I can see for sale are just too expensive!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
Gantz volume 16, get it while you can folks.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:50 am Reply with quote
Do you mean you have a copy or are there a few reprints circulating?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
few prints, so if you want to buy it for a reasonable price now is the time to source a copy
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Cheers for the heads up, I will keep an eye out. So many series I want to grab but don't know where to start, so if I grab some reprints/bargains I can make a start on something Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 68 of 76