• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
@chichiri
Looks like owly got your v1, I'll check around my sources this weekend for v2, how much you willing to pay, not more than MSRP?

@Tamaria
Yeah, but on the negative side, Catbug can't actually control his jumps either, they're kinda random. But one time came back with a fresh out of the oven tray of brownies, that was a nice treat!
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

@Tamaria
Yeah, but on the negative side, Catbug can't actually control his jumps either, they're kinda random. But one time came back with a fresh out of the oven tray of brownies, that was a nice treat!

But as long as they keep sliding, they'll collect all the manga eventually, right? It's all good then.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I found a nice treat today if someone is interested, a non-ex-library copy of Emma 4 in really good shape! I already have the series so...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 am Reply with quote
I was looking at collecting Future Diary and Deadman Wonderland.

Future Diary's first volume brand new is £90 and Deadman's is on Amazon uk for £784.96 lol! and all copies on ebay I can see are in languages I can't read...

DAMN YOU TOKYOPOP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:15 am Reply with quote
heh so that's what amazon did with the copy of volume 1 of Deadman i sent em. they game me £15 for it and that's 3 times what i paid for it, i wouldn't ask a person to pay that much but as it was amazon i was happy to take the money.

I wouldn't bother with deadman as there were only about 5 volumes of it out before it got canned, fingers crossed it finds a new publisher who goes back and starts again (and checks for spelling as the tokyopop one had typos in it)
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I was looking at collecting Future Diary and Deadman Wonderland.

Future Diary's first volume brand new is £90 and Deadman's is on Amazon uk for £784.96 lol! and all copies on ebay I can see are in languages I can't read...

DAMN YOU TOKYOPOP!

I just sold 9 volumes of my copy of Future Diary for $60.. It was less than 3 months ago!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Faraway

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Recently, I acquired OOP manga of Viz shojo (eg. Maison Ikkoku, From Far Away, etc)... They were hell expensive. I live in Asia with less income than western countries, so I can't possibly get all the recent english manga from online or kinokuniya as I wish per month.
Plus, I can't buy the digital version due to region restriction, what a sad thing.

And the recent manga that I wanted to buy was "With the Light: Raising an autistic child". Damn... the recent volumes went OOP before I could grab them.
Also, I want the OOP books of "Case Closed". And, I wish that Viz would reprint "Monster", but in the form of the 3-in-1 edition with bad quality paper.

Some interesting series that are definitely OOP are manga from CMX, I wish I own Emma, Seimaden, etc... TAnime cryT
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote
Faraway wrote:
I wish that Viz would reprint "Monster", but in the form of the 3-in-1 edition with bad quality paper.

I am hoping for this to, especially with a live action show being produced for HBO. It would make sense for Viz to jump onto that cash cow when the show airs.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Anyone looking for some Eden: It's an Endless World? www.archonia.com has volume 9 back in stock. Only a few copies though, perhaps just one.
Faraway

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Yen Press ever reprints their manga. I see that "Sayonara Sensei... are OOP. And I seriously want to read "With the Light", but there's absolutely no scanlation available.
I wonder how some sellers (Amazon/ebay) get to know about OOP books and grab the OOP books then resell them. I really wanna know how they know which books are getting OOP apart from checking with Rightstuf. I never knew which book will get OOP, never saw any sign.

Anybody knows where I can find "With the Light" vol. 5+6 at decent price? Thank you!
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
I'm sure they'll reprint popular series that are still running and (fairly short?) completed series that did well the first time around, but Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei... that's not going to happen. Most, if not all leftover Del Rey-stock seems to have been dumped overseas and it doesn't look like Kodansha has any intention of continuing the series.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I have a copy of Short Program 2 if anyone cares. There's a bend in the spine, bit of damage to the top of the spine, but otherwise, pretty good, and it's hard to find.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Had to cancel my order for attack on titan vol.4 because its been 3 weeks and it had still not shipped i have no idea what the problem was there.

Hope i have better luck ordering it from amazon in a month or so maybe. This is the first time the book depository have let me down and they've been a bit cold about the whole thing.
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
^ classicalzawa, that's the one I haven't read, how much were you asking for it?
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Anyone looking for some Eden: It's an Endless World? www.archonia.com has volume 9 back in stock. Only a few copies though, perhaps just one.

Hmm. I see a "send by e-mail" voucher thing that costs nothing & a "send by UPS" that costs 150+ Euros. =/ I am very confused, to put it simply.

classicalzawa: The Banana Fish books came in on Monday. Thank you!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 34 of 76