• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Space Brothers Episodes 27-38 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashez2ashes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I love the pacing of the show. It feels like you're getting to take every step along the way with Mutta as an astronaut. I'd feel cheated if they zoomed forward several years. The logical ending to the series to me, is Mutta and Hibito standing on the moon together. Smile

The only thing I felt was stretched out were the final phone call results, but I ended up enjoying those episodes anyways.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I really do like this show but once we get through these episodes and hibito's stuff we have a big bunch of what now?

This is show is exactly what the review says it is very very slow (at times), very well done, look at me I will hit every note perfectly show. that said there is something missing to make it perfect, what it is I don't know. the characters are pretty much perfect, the plot is interesting, the animation does everything it should. and that last one might be it, this show does everything it should and never really does anything more. that is why chihyafuru, magi, and hunter x hunter (compering it to other long running anime) are better show, just like the review mentions this show is beautiful it takes next to no risk and it doesn't have to, why make something new when you can have a perfectly done steak.

I loved the phone episodes they were perfectly executed I would have watched more of them.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
Space Brothers is near flawless, I already know I will defend it to the end of my days.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
Slow pacing whatever Space Brothers may as well be my favourite Anime off all time at least in my top 5 i really don't mind the pacing i want it to go on for a few years i really enjoyed watching it along with One Piece and i want that to go on for a while.

The Anime is still catching up to the manga despite slow pacing because it's no weekly publication ? so there might be a season or 2 break on the horizon but that aside when will the manga and anime be released in English ? i read sentai had the rights for the anime but still nothing from them Crying or Very sad
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
TonyTonyChopper wrote:
The Anime is still catching up to the manga despite slow pacing because it's no weekly publication ? so there migt be a season or 2 break on the horizon but that aside when will the manga and anime be released in English ? i read sentai had the rights for the anime but still nothing from them Crying or Very sad

It won't be taking any breaks anytime soon. They wouldn't put it alongside Conan, which has 600+ episodes and known for putting in lots of filler if they were going to take a break with it.
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
@TonyTonyChopper: Space Brothers is actually a weekly seinen manga. According to Wikipedia and chapter titles, the anime has adapted just over half the manga and, predictably, is covering less manga per episode than it was at its beginning. It looks like they'll be running simultaneously for a long while yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2