• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utena/Penguindrum's Ikuhara to Debut New Anime's Promo Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I am happy to see that guy is kinda busy right now,and although I am big fan of Penguindrum I hope this is a new unrelated project.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Bouncing and clapping my hands like a trained seal here! I'm also looking forward to something new and exciting from Ikuhara. He's so great!
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
More Ikuhara anime? That's neat. I liked Revolutionary Girl Utena a lot and the movie was... very interesting. I haven't seen Mawaru Penguindrum yet, but I'll get around to it; sounds nifty. He spent quite a while in the anime wilderness, so it's really nice to see him, for the time being, riding high in the saddle.

Having two new Shinichirō Watanabe projects, Kick-Heart and now more from Kunihiko Ikuhara, as well as others that I've doubtless forgot, en route makes it feel like good times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen Utena (yet!) but en joyed watching Penguindrum so definitely excited for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
OMG IM SO HAPPY I CANNOT CONTROL MY SELF!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean that the Penguinbear project really was just the Penguindrum manga, or is this going to be it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Happy. Happy. Oh so very happy.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I had a mini seizer lol. I can't wait!
roseversailles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
More Ikuhara anime? That's neat. I liked Revolutionary Girl Utena a lot and the movie was... very interesting. I haven't seen Mawaru Penguindrum yet, but I'll get around to it; sounds nifty. He spent quite a while in the anime wilderness, so it's really nice to see him, for the time being, riding high in the saddle.

Having two new Shinichirō Watanabe projects, Kick-Heart and now more from Kunihiko Ikuhara, as well as others that I've doubtless forgot, en route makes it feel like good times.

You really should check Penguindrum out! It has a lot of Utena's motifs, with a tighter pace and some very interesting bouts of symbolism. I'm half-way in and am really loving it; it's almost knocked Utena off my top 3 favorites list.

On that note, I'm SO VERY HAPPY!!! Very Happy I love everything this man touches. Sailor Moon, Utena, Penguindrum.... whatever new series it is, I have no doubt it will join my top 10!
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Very glad to hear he's not planning to disappear again anytime soon. I haven't seen Penguin Drum yet, but when I get some more time I'd like to.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy So looking forward to this! *_*
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
I share the excitement for more anime from Ikuhara. I enjoyed Penguindrum a lot but loved Utena. If Penguindrum is a 9 on a 10 point scale, Revolutionary Girl Utena is a 10.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
Oh, Mr. Ikuhara, save anime!

I'm delighted to hear that he's working on another project.
airman4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I share the excitement for more anime from Ikuhara. I enjoyed Penguindrum a lot but loved Utena. If Penguindrum is a 9 on a 10 point scale, Revolutionary Girl Utena is a 10.

same here dude

can't wait!!!!!!

Cool that Mr Ikuhara is back so soon
was expecting waiting 10 years or somethin
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
roseversailles wrote:
You really should check Penguindrum out! It has a lot of Utena's motifs, with a tighter pace and some very interesting bouts of symbolism. I'm half-way in and am really loving it; it's almost knocked Utena off my top 3 favorites list.

Never fear; I have the first Sentai set sitting on my shelf, waiting until I get the second and have delayed a little to build anticip... .... ...

You certainly give it a ringing endorsement. I imagine rivaling Revolutionary Girl Utena is quite a feat. If nothing else, I admire a something with such ambitions having such a silly-seeming title.

...pation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2