• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone else have problems with Right Stuf's site?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sommer89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
I've had problems on right stuf's site since they did the big revamp. A page will load and it will be completly blank, but if i move my mouse around i get pointers as if there is a button there at times.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
I have not had any problems. It looks to me like something is not loading properly in your browser, possibly a style sheet.
If your browser has add-ons that block scripts or styles or anything like that you can disable them and see if it makes a difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
Also check your browser's settings, since most have a way to override the site's stylesheet.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Other than some occasional long page loading times, I haven't had any issues with the website, but that doesn't happen too often. I would suggest trying a different browser if the one you have is not working for you. I use Firefox.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm running Firefox and have had no issues with their site. If anything things load faster than they did a few years back. Is it only their site that you have the style sheet broken? You may want to try to clear your cache and cookies first and try a different browser to see if its the site or specific to the browser you are using.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
sommer89 wrote:
I've had problems on right stuf's site since they did the big revamp. A page will load and it will be completly blank, but if i move my mouse around i get pointers as if there is a button there at times.

Just saw this. Were you able to resolve this issue? If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
My work computer does this, loads a white screen, but as you move the mouse around you can see the links at the bottom.
Then hitting refresh loads the site normally.

The computers are locked down pretty hard, until earlier this year I was still using XP pro.
IE 8, Windows 7.
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Nope no issues for me.
Of course I use my iPhone (Safari) to go there.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
My work computer does this, loads a white screen, but as you move the mouse around you can see the links at the bottom.
Then hitting refresh loads the site normally.

The computers are locked down pretty hard, until earlier this year I was still using XP pro.
IE 8, Windows 7.

Try a hard refresh for the page to reload. I am wondering if there is a problem in your cache.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I have both AdBlockPlus and Ghostery installed in Firefox and have no problems accessing the site. Ghostery reports only one tracking cookie, for Google Analytics, and ABP doesn't show any blocked items at all. Are you running something like NoScript? ABP reports about nine scripts in use on the site, a couple from Google, some native to RightStuf, and one "webbeacon.js" that comes from the execrable GoDaddy.
victor viper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I have both AdBlockPlus and Ghostery installed in Firefox and have no problems accessing the site. Ghostery reports only one tracking cookie, for Google Analytics, and ABP doesn't show any blocked items at all. Are you running something like NoScript?

I'm running Firefox with NoScript, and there's no problem with the site. You have to allow rightstuf.com to get all of the Javascript-heavy elements of the front page to display correctly, but no white screen for me.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
What browser are you using? I had loading issues when I used to use IE 8 after the site changed, but haven't had any with Chrome.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
Recently I've been having issues in Konqueror where letting the site load completely gives me a spew like the CSS hadn't loaded despite the site working just fine for some time after the big overhaul. Has something changed recently?
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Konqueror shows the same problems for me, though the site appeared to load correctly then fell apart. Rekonq works just fine, though.

This is with Kubuntu 13.04 (Raring).

I'd be very surprised if Rightstuf's web design contractor tested against Konqueror, though. I use Linux and KDE almost exclusively, and I don't test against Konqueror Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1