• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Another 37 HMV Stores to Close

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Dissapointed slightly by losing the Isle of Wight store. Literally the only place to buy DVDs,BDs and CDs on the entire island. All that remains is two aisle's at a Tesco store in the middle of nowhere.

But honestly its so much cheaper to buy from amazon, almost to the tune of £10 for a single release.

Still sad. The isle of wight's town centre is becoming a wasteland
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Ours is still hanging in there - for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Southport's isn't, I go in there sometimes.

And as long as HMV have an online store and brick and mortar stores remaining, they won't be clearing out stock.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely not surprised Glasgow Argle is going; I mean Glasgow Buchanan is right there for goodness sake.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
More surprising than this round of notices is the implicature that there is a HMV branch in Leadenhall. It certainly escaped my notice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Enfield? Thats two of the three near me gone now (Wood Green went in the last round, and now that the Games Workshop has shut i have no reason to go to that place anymore) Hopefully Harlow will hold out...
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
Brighton's Churchill Square store seems to be safe for now, though honestly I hardly ever buy anything from there as there's an excellent local comic shop (Dave's Comics), a CEX (and Replay though they aren't as good) and Resident Records for me to spend time in if I want to buy things from B & M Stores (plus there's a Waterstones and a WHSmith's, though the latter has downsized it's manga section considerably), and I buy most things online anyway. I'm not sure how good the metal genre CD selection is in Resident so HMV might score there as they have a fairly expansive one, but their anime is seriously overpriced. That said, I might go there today and see if they've restocked and have any bargains as there was much less anime in there than usual the last time I went in (they might get an impulse buy of the first Tiger & Bunny BD/DVD combo pack out of me).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1