• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Three Korean media companies form Studio ICE

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Korean boys love manga! (err, I don't think they call it yaoi in Korea, do they?) I'm game. Cool
Phoeptar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Studio ICE produces some amazing work I have a few comics form them such as the Megacity 909 series which I only picked up to begin with due to the highly anime-influenced designs in characters and settings, the art and colours are beautiful in the few comics they have produced so far I even got autographs from the creators at the local comic book convention last year.

But my concern is whether or not they will continue to produce original content or just simply publish korean manga, I'm not against more manga companies in the US it's a plus for us fans, but megacity is such a great title and I was lookign forward to this years convention to see what Studio ICE was going to be putting out next. In fact I was also hoping that they would become like the comic book company Dreamwave (R.I.P.) who started like Studio ICE publishing titles for Image Comics which then broke away to be their own company similar to what Pixar has done with Disney.

I suppose we will have to wait till the san diego con to find out more.
Landry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
English Versions and new Original work should be expected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1