• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Kyo Kara Muyo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote
Kalium wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Kalium wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Keichi and Belldandy are in love with each other no mistake. Urd wants K1 and Bell in the sack, but not her. Sculd wants K1 to leave Belldandy alone so she and Bell can go back to heaven together. Definently no love interest there at all. Urd and Sculd are her sisters and any interest by K1 in them as well is just too perverted to think about and Bell would leave him flat if she ever found out therefore end of story. Anime hyper Besides K1 wishes they could just go back to heaven and leave him and Bell alone for a change. "Tenchi Muyo" and "Ah My Goddess" are like chalk and cheese. They both look the same until you take a bite. Wink

This, of course, is all before spoiler[Peorth gets thrown into the mix or all the love potion misadventures].
spoiler[Peorth's involvement was just a misunderstanding to begin with, and once that was cleared up she didn't pull a Mihoshi and stick around for no other reason then to be just another girl in the group. She went back to the "office". And the love potions were again Urd trying to get K1 and Bell closer together.]

Well... spoiler[there's the whole bit where she shows up again later, just kind of because. Peorth had at it with the love potions, too, as I recall.]
This should be discussed in it's own thread if we take it any furthur but for the record here and no more,spoiler[Peorth's second appearance was to battle a demon that is a soul mate to Bell. Peorth'e earlier use of love potions was on Tamiya, not Keichi. ]I don't buy that every time a girl is added to a story that story becomes a harem plot, if that new girl has no love interest in the main character. Rolling Eyes
Nani?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
cmthomas wrote:
What's the sub work like on the DVD release, as well as the English dub track? I haven't seen Voices of a Distant Star yet, but I hear it was pretty badly butchered (i.e. Fosterized); no such problem with this Shinkai OAV?

VoDS wasn't butchered, it was only half an hour to begin with.
The Sub of Place Promised seemed decent, but this was one of the few time I listened to the dub to "double check" things. I'd also have included some linear notes mentioning spoiler[that Ezo is an old name for Hokkaido ]and a few things like that, but that's a minor quibble.

cmthomas wrote:
Finally, what are the extras like? Are the four interviews particularly good?

I thought this was the second best set of extras I've seen recently (1st place goes to MB's Otogi Zoshi releases).
Of the Interviews, I really really liked Shinkai's interview. The interviews as group seemed a little "deeper" then we usually get with such interviews and it felt like the project seemed to bring that out. For example, I really liked how the voice actress seemed touched as she talked about spoiler[how the visuals of rural Japan affected her as a Tokyo native]. This was something you don't get in most VA interviews, letting us see a bit more of the people behind the camera and liking them (as opposed to what I saw on ROD:TV's recent releases W/the English cast where a twelve year old VA explicitly refers to her character as a female dog and it's cool/acceptable).

All the Best,

Nani?

P.S. Bamboo, I applaud your general attitude torward sanctimonous snobs (even when I'm one of them, not a habit though) of various types.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4