• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo's 2nd Season Slated for April 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have A-1 working on it than AIC Build, anyway. A-1 is a consistently high quality studio that puts out a lot of the best anime airing these days, while AIC is like mid tier.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
You might argue it is for "artistic" reasons, but Shin Sekai Yori has been pretty darn inconsistent. There were come episodes where I literally could not recognise the main characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Idolmaster had a bunch of derpy character models throughout too.

The scheduling issue is interesting. I wonder what AIC Build could be working on. Not that it really matters A-1 is animating the second season since the staff from season 1 is back.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I prefer A-1 over AIC as well. While sometimes with small drawbacks, they're much better in quality than AIC. And Vividred shows how godly they are with a budget.

superdry wrote:
Idolmaster had a bunch of derpy character models throughout too.

However, a lot more quality scenes and character designs than mediocre ones! That's why I like A1. :3

Last edited by kazziyan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
You might argue it is for "artistic" reasons, but Shin Sekai Yori has been pretty darn inconsistent. There were come episodes where I literally could not recognise the main characters.

Not to mention, the sever drop in quality in the recent Magi episode.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I loved the first season but i'm not overly excited for this season as I'm not a huge kuroneko fan and i'm sure this season will be kuroneko heavy
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
For the second anime season, character designer Hiroyuki Oda is once again adapting Hiro Kanzaki's original novel illustrations,

person#54205

Hiroyuki Oda & Hiro Kanzaki are the same person, he just switches between those two different names for whatever reason. That aside, I wish more light novel artists would also do designs for anime as well.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
greensoulreaper wrote:
Quote:
For the second anime season, character designer Hiroyuki Oda is once again adapting Hiro Kanzaki's original novel illustrations,

person#54205

Hiroyuki Oda & Hiro Kanzaki are the same person, he just switches between those two different names for whatever reason. That aside, I wish more light novel artists would also do designs for anime as well.

He can do it because his day job is an animator at BONES. Not many (are there others?) light novel artists out there also work for an anime studio.
Shinn AsukaGSD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait i love season 1 one of my fav anime of all time ,i hope second season surpasses it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Hope A1 will do a good job on this soon. Given the premise that the series will follow the LN all the way through, I'm looking forward the hell out of this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1