• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Timely Paradox

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternalKnight001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
First- Hyperdimension Neptunia V got delayed till March 21st, for those of you who didn't get the most recent Prinny Bomb

Second- Persona 2 EP is on PSN.... but unfortunately not compatible with Vita yet.... (apparently, they're working on this issue. See this site for more details http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Support/Persona-2-Eternal-Punishment-PS-Vita-PSP-Compatability/m-p/39652315#U39652315 ) Anyways. Here's hoping they'll update the site soon with an ETA.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Very funny.

But seeing you intending to buy a sports game (anime fans are nerds, and nerds tend to not be into sports--I'm not, e.g besides motorsports) was kind of surreal.

You just don't seem like the kind of person who would by an MLB game.

I'm actually a big sports fan, as weird as it might seem. Like just today I went from finishing the newest episode of GJ-Bu to turning on my local NBA game.

I'm probably a real rarity though.

We're more common than you think.

Take myself. I bowl one weekly league, am looking at bowling a second, and I bowl a bi-monthly travelling league which goes to other bowling centres in the region, the farthest of which are 100 miles in either direction). I've been a Boston Red Sox Fan for the last eleven seasons (even planned a whole round-the-world trip around being in New York on a certain date to attend a Red Sox-Yankees game) and have season tickets to my local team in the Australian Baseball League every season. I watch or attend Rugby League games all the time during the season here, I follow Cricket, and will watch most sports if I'm channel surfing and they look interesting enough. Soccer excepted. You won't catch me watching soccer.

I've got half a dozen friends who are into anime, manga, and video games, and all of them have interests in sport to varying degrees. The least-interested one at the very least has a reasonable interest in cricket, while one of my team-mates from bowling is an avid motor sport fan as well as having a decent-sized anime collection (Evangelion, classic 70s/80s series, amongst others). That's just people I know personally. I can't be the only anime fan on the planet that has friends who have multiple diverse interests including sports.

When I go to sporting events, I sometimes see people there wearing or carrying anime-related materials, like Bleach or Naruto t-shirts or hats, for example. As I said, I don't think anime fandom is dominated by the stereotypical shut-in dork who spends all their time indoors and in front of a screen anymore. No doubt that type of fan still exists, but it's nowhere near as prevalent as it used to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4