• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Time of EVE: Original Version (Blu-ray) + Movie (Kickstarter funded)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
http://www.timeofeve.com/e/
Quote:
Time of EVE: Original Version (6 episodes with English subtitles) blu-ray available for the first time in the US and Europe!

Ships locally in the US and EU.

For US this shows up for me:
Quote:
Item number: TIMEOFEVE
Item price: $49.99
Shipping and handling: (to xxxxx) : $2.90 (varies depending on your location)

via Time of EVE Facebook page
Quote:
Time of EVE: Original Version Blu-ray release details

- 109 min. (6 episodes)
- MPEG-4 AVC, stereo, region free
- English subtitles
- Play dress-up with your blu-ray case with interchangeable jackets!
- Features image/audio revisions by Yoshiura exclusively for the Blu-ray release

Ships locally in the US and Europe (purchase in USD, GBP, EURO)

LINK
Quote:
This is the same Blu-ray that we released in Japan: http://d-rights.jp/Products.9.aspx

LINK
Quote:
Australia is dear to us; one of the first champions for Time of EVE, when we started streaming way back in the day, was icie, who hails from down under. And the answer to your question is yes, it looks like we will have a distribution channel opening up in Australia in the upcoming months. Stay tuned. In the meantime, you can find Time of EVE: The Movie on the iTunes Store for Australia/NZ.

LINK
Quote:
..., www.timeofeve.com is the only distribution gateway for the Blu-ray in the US/Europe. The Blu-ray is not available on Amazon in the US or Europe. Otherwise, you can buy the Blu-ray directly from Japan (Amazon Japan or d-rights.jp) as an import. We have a limited quantity in stock, and quite frankly, they are going like hotcakes...

LINK
Quote:
We are delighted to ship to Canada, but you'll have to make your purchase in US$. And, unfortunately, our warehouse charges an arm and a leg plus spare parts for items going to Canada. An additional US$13.50, to be exact. So, after you make the purchase on Paypal, we will post an additional charge of $13.50 to your account. If this is acceptable, by all means, place your order!

https://twitter.com/shawnekleckner/status/281144946248007680
Quote:
I sent a note to see if it would be possible for us to buy these and resell to customers. If are able to, we'll certainly offer

Last edited by WTK on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
Interesting. WTK, do you know who the distributor for this is? I'm assuming this is the same Japanese release I imported a few years ago, but someone is making it possible to order from a US or European location as opposed to having to order from a Japanese retailer?
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Interesting. WTK, do you know who the distributor for this is?

I'm not exactly sure. It could be the same people that have been operating the social media outlets and website.
Quote:
I'm assuming this is the same Japanese release I imported a few years ago, but someone is making it possible to order from a US or European location as opposed to having to order from a Japanese retailer?

That's what I'm assuming too. I'm not sure people will get the multi-covers that direct Japanese import gave.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
OMG, yay! I'm wanna buy that!

I was holding off before because I had never ordered from amazon.jp and I wasn't too psyched about the shipping. So once I get confirmation it's legit (not that I doubt WTK, but I just want to make certain) and that shipping isn't crap resulting in damaged goods, I'll make an order.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
It's same group that has been handling the iTunes stuff for a little while. This move (for basically Japan import) is not surprising. The question is more or less about who will be distributing/shipping this. And also will the release will be exactly the same as the Japanese release (with the multiple reversible covers). Here are some shots of the JP release.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Hanners1979/status/281102448309981184/photo/1
Quote:
Paid to
Pied Piper, Inc.

No clue who they really are, but the reference from Eureka Seven AO makes me laugh a bit...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Bit pricey, considering it's only 90 minutes long and sub-only. Neutral

Hopefully RightStuf will be able to work out a deal with whoever licensed it so we can get a bit of a discount.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to be keeping an eye on this. As soon as more info is available, I'm definitely going to buy it.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I love Time of Eve! Good news. Very Happy

iTunes has the HD version for $12.99 and SD for $9.99. I may buy the iTunes HD for now. I would love to have the BD but $49.99 is pricey. I would rather it drop a few dollars before picking that version up.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I sent a note to see if it would be possible for us to buy these and resell to customers. If are able to, we'll certainly offer
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to spread the word. This ONA is great. Everyone should own it.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Time of EVE: Original Version Blu-ray release details

- 109 min. (6 episodes)
- MPEG-4 AVC, stereo, region free
- English subtitles
- Play dress-up with your blu-ray case with interchangeable jackets!
- Features image/audio revisions by Yoshiura exclusively for the Blu-ray release

Ships locally in the US and Europe (purchase in USD, GBP, EURO)

LINK
Quote:
This is the same Blu-ray that we released in Japan: http://d-rights.jp/Products.9.aspx

Quote:
Australia is dear to us; one of the first champions for Time of EVE, when we started streaming way back in the day, was icie, who hails from down under. And the answer to your question is yes, it looks like we will have a distribution channel opening up in Australia in the upcoming months. Stay tuned. In the meantime, you can find Time of EVE: The Movie on the iTunes Store for Australia/NZ.

LINK
Quote:
..., www.timeofeve.com is the only distribution gateway for the Blu-ray in the US/Europe. The Blu-ray is not available on Amazon in the US or Europe. Otherwise, you can buy the Blu-ray directly from Japan (Amazon Japan or d-rights.jp) as an import. We have a limited quantity in stock, and quite frankly, they are going like hotcakes...

Last edited by WTK on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Even though I just watched a really good fansubbed version of this a few weeks ago I very interested in th is.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:

Hopefully Shawne will be able to work something out with whoever's distributing this. 50 bucks is just too much for a blind buy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll still has all six episodes up and available for streaming - I encourage all to check it out.

I looked up my purchase records for last year and the cost to buy and have the ToE BD shipped to me was 7,000 Yen, which at that time came out to about $87 CAD. However, there was also sales tax, a modest customs duty and a handling fee, so by the time the dust settled, it cost me a little over $100 CAD.

$50 is starting to look like a bargain... Sad
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
We are delighted to ship to Canada, but you'll have to make your purchase in US$. And, unfortunately, our warehouse charges an arm and a leg plus spare parts for items going to Canada. An additional US$13.50, to be exact. So, after you make the purchase on Paypal, we will post an additional charge of $13.50 to your account. If this is acceptable, by all means, place your order!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8