• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Get Set for the Digimon DVD Invasion with The Official Digimon Adventure Set: The Complete Secon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
::sigh:: Not that I'm not happy to see the original Digimon becoming more widely available, but are we *ever* going to get a Japanese-language edition of this over here? I watched the English version obsessively when it was on TV, but it's the Japanese version I *really* want to see.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Unlikely, unfortunately. Having not seen anything more than clips of the first two series in Japanese, the only one I'd really want subtitled is Tamers to be honest, which I watched in both languages as the episodes were broadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
::sigh:: Not that I'm not happy to see the original Digimon becoming more widely available, but are we *ever* going to get a Japanese-language edition of this over here? I watched the English version obsessively when it was on TV, but it's the Japanese version I *really* want to see.

This is Saban you're talking about. You'll see it the same day we see 4Kids stuff like Tokyo MewMew, Shaman King, and Yu-Gi-Oh! uncut and subtitled.
Schaef Dogg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
an 8-disc collection featuring all 50 complete, unedited episodes

This stuck out to me reading this PR. Is this release actually going to have unedited video? I'm not as familiar with the edits in the second season than I am with Tamer's, but if that blurb is accurate, then I hope that carries over to Tamer's release as well.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Schaef Dogg wrote:
Quote:
an 8-disc collection featuring all 50 complete, unedited episodes

This stuck out to me reading this PR. Is this release actually going to have unedited video? I'm not as familiar with the edits in the second season than I am with Tamer's, but if that blurb is accurate, then I hope that carries over to Tamer's release as well.

'Unedited' probably means that they used the pre-9/11 versions of the episodes [Which is the case doe Adventure's boxset]. So while there are mentions of terrorists and building/control spires getting destroyed, the blurb is a little misleading.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
They probably should note that it's 'unedited' only insofar as the original English broadcasts go, rather than being the unedited Japanese footage, yeah. Anime smile;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
So they released a 1st season boxset, then later went back and released it on DVD singles?
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
They released the first volume at the same time as the complete collection - still doesn't explain what the hell they were thinking, though.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
They released the first volume at the same time as the complete collection - still doesn't explain what the hell they were thinking, though.

I think it's a 'get it in stores' thing really. I've actually seen the first volume in a few different stores in my area, whereas that full set I had to order online to get. Just one of those bizarre marketing things I guess.

And at least they're not presumably delaying the future sets to put out the singles first, like Well Go did...and...then just stopped putting out Data Squad at all. Grr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1