• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Visual Co., Ltd. study/survey on the North American market

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
http://www.csupomona.edu/~lgfruel/GraduateProject/
Quote:
Graduate Research Project

Study aimed to determine the
current market for Japanese animation
in North America

You are being invited to participate in a research study, which the Cal Poly Pomona Institutional Review Board (IRB) has reviewed and approved for conduct by the investigators named here. This form is designed to provide you - as a human subject - with information about this study. The Investigator or his/her representative will describe this study to you and answer any of your questions. You are entitled to an Experimental Research Subject’s Bill of Rights and a copy of this form. If you have any questions about your rights as a subject, complaints about the informed consent process of this research study, or experience an adverse event (something goes wrong), please contact the Compliance Office within Cal Poly Pomona’s Office of Research at (909) 869-4215. More information is available at the IRB website, [URL="http://www.csupomona.edu/research/irb"]www.csupomona.edu/research/irb[/URL].

I am a graduate student at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California and also currently employed by Bandai Visual Co., Ltd. I am currently working on my graduate research project, which is to determine the current market for Japanese animation in North America (primarily the United States and Canada) to aid in the development of a North American strategy for Bandai Visual Co., Ltd.

I would like you to participate in a short survey regarding North American Japanese animation enthusiasts' habits, preferences and demographic information. To be eligible to participate, you must reside within North America (primarily the United States and Canada) and be at least 18 years old. While this survey will only take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to complete, participants are asked to take periodic breaks if necessary to minimize any possible fatigue normally associated with prolonged computer use. Once the survey has been completed, your responses will be saved to be used in analysis in the near future.

By completing the survey, you will not only be helping me to complete my graduate project but you will also be aiding Bandai Visual Co., Ltd. to further understand the North American market as my superiors will be presented with the findings of my research to aid in the development of a new business strategy for North America. All of your responses will be completely anonymous and no personal identifiable information will be requested. The data collected will be destroyed upon completion of this study. By completing this survey, you have implied that you consent to participate in this research. You are in no way obligated to participate and can withdraw anytime should you no longer feel comfortable taking this survey.

[...]

Sincerely,

Loy Fruel
North American Marketing & Sales Representative,
Bandai Visual Co., Ltd.

MBA Candidate / Principal Investigator
College of Business Administration
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona

[...]
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Just finished it. Kinda wish it allowed for multiple answers and not just one. Like for where I watch my anime, I usually watch on streaming and physical media, not just one.

Still, whatever this is trying to accomplish, hope it works and happy to help
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't know why, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this.... Confused
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
Just finished it. Kinda wish it allowed for multiple answers and not just one. Like for where I watch my anime, I usually watch on streaming and physical media, not just one.

Still, whatever this is trying to accomplish, hope it works and happy to help

I agree. Same with "where you buy anime from." I buy most from Rightstuf of course, but I also buy from Amazon and Ebay a fair amount as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1