• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Licenses Oreimo 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have an idea from where Oreimo 2 will continue. Will it pick after the original episode 12 or will it pick up where the fourth OVA ended? I am assuming it will continue where the fourth OVA ended.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they're using CR and not Daisuki since I believe Aniplex/Sony is a backer of it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Does anyone have an idea from where Oreimo 2 will continue. Will it pick after the original episode 12 or will it pick up where the fourth OVA ended? I am assuming it will continue where the fourth OVA ended.

It'll continue after the 4th OVA, which was the canon story in the LN.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Surprised they're using CR and not Daisuki since I believe Aniplex/Sony is a backer of it.
This is licensed by Aniplex of America, who bought the streaming/disc rights from their parent company and is sub-licensing streaming to CR.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first season on Crunchyroll and I'll probably watch the second on there as well but I don't see myself spending as much as I think I'd be spending on the home video release.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
acetatsujin wrote:
You can bet this is going to get subbed by 10 different fansubs. So you can go eat shit Aniplex.
You act like all five of them come and personally piss in your cheerios each morning. You can always watch the streams of any show they put out(which those ten different fansub groups will probably use at the source of their translations) - it's not like they don't try and cater to the low-budget fan at all.

Last edited by Polycell on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I would pay normal prices for this show if ever released here at normal market rates till then I will watch on Crunchytroll if ever streamed there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Get it dubbed and I'll buy a copy.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Would you be willing to pay $300 if it is dubbed?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised but I dont have that kind of green to get it
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I am glad to see this getting announced so soon. Maybe the fears of reverse importation might actually work in the favor of US fans. Maybe like season one, we'll just get a DVD release at a halfway reasonable price. I admit that I would pay Bakemonogatari prices for a Blu-Ray release, though.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
For the low price of $500!
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

Bitch and whine all you want. The fact of the matter is that Aniplex of America's strategy is working, whether you like it or not. The people who truly love Oreimo and want to support it will pay what AoA will ask for this series. Those who don't love the series as much as they say they do will pout because their entitled wish of super cheap Anime on Blu-ray with dubs isn't being fulfilled (sucks for them). From a personal standpoint, while I am not surprised that this has been picked up, I am glad that it has, and will be more than happy to pay for whatever we get as far as the release is concerned (DVD or Blu-ray).
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Bitch and whine all you want. The fact of the matter is that Aniplex of America's strategy is working, whether you like it or not. The people who truly love Oreimo and want to support it will pay what AoA will ask for this series. Those who don't love the series as much as they say they do will pout because their entitled wish of super cheap Anime on Blu-ray with dubs isn't being fulfilled (sucks for them). From a personal standpoint, while I am not surprised that this has been picked up, I am glad that it has, and will be more than happy to pay for whatever we get as far as the release is concerned (DVD or Blu-ray).

I truly love Digimon (seasons 1-4) but could not afford to buy 4 $700 Japanese boxsets (when it was still in print), does that mean I do not "truly" love the show because my bank tends to go to bills? Don't use the analogy of "If you love it, you'll pay whatever price they put out because your blind love will automatically make you ignore your budget" because that is not true. Now, if the set was 60ish dollars, that's a little more affordable...then you can use that analogy. But for something more than $130, don't use it because it's not true and not fair.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Would you be willing to pay $300 if it is dubbed?

Certainly before I'd pay $280 sub-only. Here's to hoping Neon Alley survives for a good, long, time and does more AOA rescues.

More importantly, will ANN be streaming Season 2, or did they totally lose-out this round?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3