• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Togainu no Chi's Single DVDs Dropped for Box in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sepherest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
QUALITY anime deserves a QUALITY release.

So true. Laughing Too bad they didn't decide to go with an Umineko dakimakura style cover release, maybe that would've caught some interest.

I wonder if they'll even bother going over and fixing up some of the animated scenes (especially the last episode) for the dvd release. Seems like it was such a bomb there's a good chance they won't.
toyNN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't be that much of a surprise of the dramatic swtich for Togainu no Chi's release. Poor quality, poor story, etc.. this should come as no shock. This show would seem to have limited appeal anyway with the more overt yaoi-eroge aspects combined with graphic violence. Toss in a story that didn't seem to make any sense (I only made it to eps 5) - its not going to be making the Production committee a lot of profit.

Compare to Urabuku which I think has a much better balance of these elements and success (if limited).
AkiraxShiki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't get it why do people say the show sucks! I JUST LOOOOOOVED THE SHOW! The show has a good original storyline. At least be grateful the game became a anime!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2