• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sega Asks for Fan Support for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F in the West

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyphin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad at least some Sega fans are getting a game they want. I'm still biiter towards them for not releasing Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Clow_Shirow wrote:
A contact which is near to SEGA told me this has been already decided, so probably this is just to create hype between fans.
However, it's great news indeed.

Source: http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/03/03/sega-podria-traer-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-a-occidente/

You are correct. A July ship date has been decided.

SEGA has been looking for the choice between which IP they want to be the final packaged release on non SEGA console platforms before the company's major re-organization strategy set for the 2nd Quarter of 2013, Colonial Marines was initially chosen, but due to its backlash, SEGA has determined that Miku receiving a niche release may not be such a bad investment after all.
SEGA still has its own console platforms?!

I do wish that SEGA, and companies in general, would stop allowing input on these sorts of "campaigns" solely via FaceBook. I don't have a FB, do not want a FB, and if SEGA truly wants our input it shouldn't require a FB account.

I'd also like to see this debut on non-PS3 consoles. The pending PS4 will instantly obsolete any and all PS3 games, yet the next Xbox has the potential to run any & all Xbox 360 games. It's a wiser investment. Since the PS4 is actually a PC in a fancy box, I'd like to see them put it on Steam and allow it to go cross-platform, perhaps even back to the PS3, as other games on Steam have.

I find it interesting that y'all maintain that SEGA would never use anything but the PS3 for this game as the PS3 is supremely popular in Japan, yet they're obviously using FaceBook here to market, which is ludicrously popular & pervasive in the USA but scarcely makes a dent in Japan. It's clearly easier for SEGA to market on FaceBook to the US than it is for them to port to the PC/Xbox from the more arcane PS3, granted, but this shows that they have a willingness to escape from the confines of "what works in Japan", confines that several strident posters here would seemingly swear SEGA could never escape. SEGA doesn't seem as closed-minded as posters here would like to believe.

Wink

We have no idea really what the Xbox Infinity will be capable of.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I find it interesting that y'all maintain that SEGA would never use anything but the PS3 for this game as the PS3 is supremely popular in Japan, yet they're obviously using FaceBook here to market, which is ludicrously popular & pervasive in the USA but scarcely makes a dent in Japan. It's clearly easier for SEGA to market on FaceBook to the US than it is for them to port to the PC/Xbox from the more arcane PS3, granted, but this shows that they have a willingness to escape from the confines of "what works in Japan", confines that several strident posters here would seemingly swear SEGA could never escape. SEGA doesn't seem as closed-minded as posters here would like to believe.

Making a facebook post is much easier than completely redoing a game to be playable on another system. Especially when its been proven again and again that anime fans in America don't buy 360s (and why other games like Blazblue and Agarest War have since abandoned 360).
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
Support + PS3 = Failure.

There's another console in this market, Sega.

Want my support? Cater to my console. Otherwise, stop wasting our time.

Supporting the 360 would be terrible. In addition to the "being dead in Japan/anime fans don't like it" thing, they also have a horrible DLC policy which even Valve has openly said is terrible. Apparently unless the DLC is available on the 360 first or simultaneously they don't like letting them release DLC at all and become really entitled. In a game like this with DLC already available for other platforms, I can see them throwing a hissy fit and hard balling the developers or forcing it to be vanilla only. I believe that's why Team Fortress 2 is essentially dead on the 360 and why Valve jumped ship to the PS3 for Portal 2 with their "Steamworks" thing.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
reads article, sounds cool
reads thread post, console fan-boy d*** waving arguments.
Gee I really wonder why we can't have nice things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zeopower6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
Clow_Shirow wrote:
A contact which is near to SEGA told me this has been already decided, so probably this is just to create hype between fans.
However, it's great news indeed.

Source: http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/03/03/sega-podria-traer-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-a-occidente/

You are correct. A July ship date has been decided.

SEGA has been looking for the choice between which IP they want to be the final packaged release on non SEGA console platforms before the company's major re-organization strategy set for the 2nd Quarter of 2013, Colonial Marines was initially chosen, but due to its backlash, SEGA has determined that Miku receiving a niche release may not be such a bad investment after all.

The game will be downloadable for PSN if you want to play it for Vita as well.

Don't pull information from out of nowhere if you don't know what you're talking about. That last part pretty much says you made up everything you typed since PJD F (for PS3) and PJD f (for Vita) are different games for the most part.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I read about it on Kotaku, yes I would love to see Miku Hatsune to come to the west. If people in the west can handle K-pop, then I don't see how Miku Hatsune be any different other then she sing in Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
i'm not allow to have a ps3. They should release this game in vita. I have vita.
metroid24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
i hope they bring this to the us id prefer it if they made it on the 360 cause1 60 percent of my consle gaming is on my 360 10 percent is ps3 manly only a few jrpg uncharted mgs 4and god of war 10 percent on wii manly metroid mario zelda and donkey kong 10 percent on NES and 10 percent on SNES games and 2nd i want the game to be on the strongest gaming machine and while i respect all the consoles i want he game to be on the trongest console and that is the 360 and lastly if u want the game to sell really well in the west most gamers are more likly to own a 360 than a ps3 but overall id buy it for ps3 or 360 i just hope for 360 version maybe it will happen maybe it wont but who knows Smile
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
The only hardware SEGA still ships are its arcade machines. GrilledEelHamatsu's been harping about how they're on the verge of returning to the home console market for quite some time now.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
i'm not allow to have a ps3. They should release this game in vita. I have vita.

They should release the best version, which is the PS3 version.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

They should release the best version, which is the PS3 version.

The Vita version is better. A rhythm game works better on a handheld than a TV. The only thing the PS3 version has on the Vita version is additional content, which is being added as (very expensive) DLC to the Vita version.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Sega, and that stupid Mage commitee they put together for the "live" concerts, should pull their collective fingers out their arses and do more concerts around the world to promote it better. Wink
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
The only hardware SEGA still ships are its arcade machines. GrilledEelHamatsu's been harping about how they're on the verge of returning to the home console market for quite some time now.

And he's completely wrong, too. Last time he was hyping stuff it was for their arcade hardware (RingWide/RingEdge), yet he kept claiming the patents pointed to a new console.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Sega, and that stupid Mage commitee they put together for the "live" concerts, should pull their collective fingers out their arses and do more concerts around the world to promote it better. Wink

Mage commitee? You mean MAGES (formerly known as 5pb) the company.

Well, the CEO of Crypton hopes to get more concerts to other parts of the world. Whether that happens or not is another story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3