• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RDG: Red Data Girl (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Izumiko is still a scaredy cat. That girl needs to find some courage.

Very Happy I wonder what you will think next episode?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (Finale, I think)

I take it back - I didn't think this show would be able to end in at satisfying way in just twelve eppies, but, imo, it did. You can completely see how there can be more (and I hope there is) but it ends on a note of a finished arc, as far as I am concerned.

I've rated this one Very Good.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
That was a nice ending. Too bad there was no spoiler[kiss like in the end of the opening song.] I gave this a Good. Some of the problems I had with it was it got confusing at times and the lack of variety in the character's names. There was just too many names that started with M or S, so I had no idea who they were talking about half the time. It got real tiring checking MAL everytime I watched an episode, so I got lazy and just went with the flow. The only names I knew for a fact were Miyuki, Izumiko, and Wamiya.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I finished the series earlier today too and thought was decent although its pacing was a bit weak. Otherwise, nice serene themes and I liked how it maintained its Japanese backgrounds very well throughout each episode.

Oh and there's some cute moments here and there.
Overall rating: good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
well that's good, something to look forward to, as there is no way I'm going to watch the crappy Nico Nico stream
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

Izumiko spoiler[turned Takayanagi into a dog!] Laughing I too was thinking of the folklore of the spoiler[dog, bird and monkey, the talking dog Takayanagi criticising him for the differences and trying to say that he is not a dog] was funny. Actually I would probably it was so good to actually be out of character in this series except for such moments like when Izumiko got drunk.

While the ending was somewhat satisfying, I do think a large problem with this series was that it felt like they were trying to squeeze so much in that the story just became confusing. We had a huge change in setting I think somewhere before halfway, and multiple other plot points made it feel like we were often moving too quickly to fit everything, simply put the pacing was an issue. P.A. Works have been doing some rather experimental choices, and this one might have had some issues with being properly being adapted for anime.

Overall I will give the series a "Decent", I did not lose time, but I occasionally held off from watching episodes.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:16 am Reply with quote
This show kinda flew under my radar and stayed there despite me tuning in each week. It wasn't the kind of show that I eagerly waited to finish downloading to watch immediately. The lore was ok, but not incredibly interesting and it didn't feel like it concluded properly either. However, there wasn't anything about it that actually bothered me, so it feels pretty average overall.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[This anime is good, but the story is stretched.
Takayanagi just never stops with his plans.
He's kinda pathetic, always hiding behind homunculi.
Suzuhara gets influenced rather easily.
Sagara sure has his hands full with watching over her.
Wow! It was about time Izumiko snapped at Takayanagi.
Sure was nice to see that ^^]
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
After watching episode 11 I decided that I couldn't wait any longer and watched the last episode straight afterwards. This was one of my favourites this season and I'm sad that it's over now. If they ever decide to make another season, I'll definitely watch.

At times this show was very confusing, but since the characters really grew on me that hardly mattered much to me. And like I said in an earlier comment, Izumiko had no idea what was happening most of the time either which made it feel like we were sort of learning what was going on along with her.

Rated it Excellent and I look forward to adding this to my collection when it comes out on dvd.
bllanosr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Ehhh, I guess I'm the only one willing to post that I was quite disappointed with this series. I really loved Another and had high expectations for this series. The first 3 to 5 episodes were good, but I felt it started to get more confusing on purpose. It's like they're hiding so much of the story to give it a sense of mystery and suspense that it just became annoying. The ending was also rushed and left a lot of things out in the open. spoiler[Does she turn Takayanagi back to a human? What happens to the Saudo triplets? I want to know if Manatsu will be cured of his heart defect? And most importantly what happens to Miyuki and Izumiko? Do they end up together?]

Key wrote:

This one seems to be scheduled for 12 episodes, and at this point I don't see how it even comes close to finishing its story in that time. My fear is that it's going the Spice and Wolf route, where the anime version just adapts the first few novels (apparently three in this case, as there seem to be three distinct story arcs here) and then stops because it doesn't prove popular enough to animate the rest.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I honestly don't think I would be as enthusiastic to continue watching it. I would recommend it as being good only.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
bllanosr wrote:
Ehhh, I guess I'm the only one willing to post that I was quite disappointed with this series. I really loved Another and had high expectations for this series. The first 3 to 5 episodes were good, but I felt it started to get more confusing on purpose.

Your opinion does not seem too different from my own, I too felt the connections to Another earlier on when they tried to use suspense, but it looks like was not fitting for how this turned out. Like creepy was not the right decision with how it changed gears. And it got damn confusing, almost everyone seems to agree that is the case.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I completely understand what Takayanagi is up to. what exactly is he trying to do by spoiler[raising the dead] and what is that balloon banner doing? im watching the funi stream, so please no ep 12 spoilers
Rhyono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
This felt like a supernatural slice-of-life, and I don't mean that in a good way. I gave this a Decent. The premise was nice, the action was okay, but it's really kind of dull. It was probably aimed at a female audience and I didn't pick up on it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
Speaking for myself only, given how beautifully drawn this anime is at parts, I am willing to forgive an awful lot. I can't say how I would rate it, but it isn't bad.

Unfortunately (and typically), the funi streaming program freezes on a last frame showing Izumoko's spoiler[face all stressed out because her hand is being held by Miyuki.] Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be anything after that?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
Suzuhara... was waiting for her to change, but nothing.
Masumi was being selfish..
Sagara was the true hero of this anime.
He did all the heavy lifting.
The ending was nice.
Not gonna miss this anime much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10