• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
INeedSomeHelp wrote:

Noticed it was from 2011, so I went over the lists of 2011 preview guids, and it appears to match up with Freezing.
Yugiboy12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/#!/search/遊☆戯☆王デュエルモンスターズALEX

Can you translate this, please?

[Mod Edit: Just going to merge this in to the general question thread since it's just a question and doesn't really need a thread of its own. - Keonyn]
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
It mentions how 4Kids lost the right to Konami and the possibility of an actual good dub and Duel Monsters ALEX might air.
Yugiboy12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Translated to Japanese to English: "Japan's first airing of [Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters] is becoming a reality."
Wolmack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I am trying to remember a couple of anime titles from when I was younger.

The first all I can remember was that there was a girl in it that either wore Purfect pussy pants, or Purple pussy pants, and I think she quoted it in the anime.

The second all I have to go on is the logo from the anime, it was a black background with either a yellow? tank or grenade in it, do not remember any text.

Well thank you for looking and if you can give me any help or insight I would appreciate it.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
When I Wiki those pants of yours I only get the wrong results.

Perhaps Grenadier?
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Wolmack wrote:
I am trying to remember a couple of anime titles from when I was younger.
Could you be more specific? Like did you see them between 5-10 years ago, or 10-20 years ago? That'll help narrow the search. And I'm assuming they were playing on TV.

Wolmack wrote:
The second all I have to go on is the logo from the anime, it was a black background with either a yellow? tank or grenade in it, do not remember any text.
Well, this is a stretch but worth a mention:
A yellow background with a dark-colored tank.
Wolmack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Could you be more specific? Like did you see them between 5-10 years ago, or 10-20 years ago? That'll help narrow the search. And I'm assuming they were playing on TV.

it's gotta be about 16 years ago for the pants one and it was a vhs I loaned from a friend.

The tank one was in the last 10 years, thanks for the effort but alas not that anime in the pic.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Wolmack wrote:

I don't suppose it was Pumpkin Scissors (circa 2007)?

Logo on the uniform patch

Logo for the unit

The pumpkin kinda looks like a grenade. And orange is kinda yellow and we've got black in the patch field. Very Happy
Wolmack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Wolmack wrote:

I don't suppose it was Pumpkin Scissors (circa 2007)?

Logo on the uniform patch

Logo for the unit

The pumpkin kinda looks like a grenade. And orange is kinda yellow and we've got black in the patch field. Very Happy

That's a nice try however not the one, I will be checking this one out though as have never heard of it and it gets some impressive votes, thank you.

Again from what I remember of this one the whole BG of the logo was just black with a tank outline or grenade, I really wish I could remember more but just cannot.
NefariousPlatypus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but WTF is Bandai doing with this show? Do they even still have the rights to it since they had their whole "not gonna put out new localizations" episode?

I honestly feel like it's one of the best comedy-anime series to come out in a while and I think many of my none-anime-nerd friends would love the show, if it was actually localized.

I would love to own a nice set of it on Bluray. (But not at the import prices...)

Any news on the localization's status?

[Mod Edit: As mentioned below, if you're posting a new thread just to ask a general question on a series or something then just post it in this thread. It gives the question maximum exposure and keeps the forum from getting clogged with simple question threads that don't serve to foster any actual discussion. Moved it in here for you. - Keonyn]
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote
Not the place for such a question. See the sticked "General Questions and Reference" thread at the top? Go ask there, but a good rule of thumb is no news posted here = nothing's happening.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Unless by "Western" you mean "North American", we'll know by the end of the year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
Well I remember THIS article from January that stated that Nichijou and Gosick were being dropped in America, but us ausies were getting sub only releases. As it is we already have had Gosick come out, and we have online streams of Nichijou. That might be some answers to a "western release".
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
Hence my link the the most recent update from Madman Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 378 of 569